• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Summer 2022 Transfer Window

Something has changed for us to be chucking these kinds of sums of money around. Whatever it is I like it!

Forest seem to have signed another full squad of players since we rejected their last bid for MGW; but *if* they’re still in for him and come back with anything approaching £38-40m, I think we’ll take it.

The other obvious candidate to go is Adama if we can get circa £20m from someone I think he goes.

I can't see it being MGW personally, not after how Bruno has talked him up to effectively being central to the plans. I think he'll do well in a 4-2-3-1, but not sure he's a man to stick either side of a striker.

Something has changed for us to be chucking these kinds of sums of money around. Whatever it is I like it!

Not sure it's anything other than right, young players available for the right price, with plenty of sell-on potential if required.

Not a chance. 4th choice in a 3 man midfield!

We've all been screaming that three senior midfielders isn't enough, and now we've got another you want to sell one?!!

Tbh I still prefer the 4231 to be the main formation. Obviously I'd rather keep him, but given the binary choice* between Donk + £20m or Ramos, I think the latter would be of far more use to the team. It's far easier to get a decent CM on loan as cover than it is to get a starting striker.

*Appreciate I'm inventing this binary choice

Fuck me. I didn’t actually think he’d agree to come.

I’m critical of both Fosun and Bruno but credit to them all. Fosun for splashing the cash (although I wish they’d done it last summer) and credit to Bruno as he must have been hounding them for players. The pressure is on him now though.

I mean, i watch 0 Portuguese football, so have never really seen this lad play, but if pep raves about him, he must be half decent, right?

Only judging off a few highlight videos myself but he doesn't look a very Pep player to me, all the highlights just seem to be him running around with the ball which isn't really the midfields modus operandi under Pep. They are very truncated clips though so maybe the guys who made those videos just love that shit and don't care about any other part of the game. Saying that Pep did sign Vidal at Bayern too, not sure how they ever thought his bull in a china shop mentality was going to fit into a Guardiola team.

Rumours of Qatari involvement bouncing around twitter...
Some dude from an Investment Firm linked with the Qatari Royals or something at the game on Saturday.

If there is a degree of truth in any involvement......please leave your morals at the front door and enjoy the ride I guess

Not sure it's anything other than right, young players available for the right price, with plenty of sell-on potential if required.
We've gone from needing to take out a loan to cover the Jota payments to this!

Some dude from an Investment Firm linked with the Qatari Royals or something at the game on Saturday.

If there is a degree of truth in any involvement......please leave your morals at the front door and enjoy the ride I guess
If Fosun have spent the past year and beginning of this transfer window focusing on obtaining investment then I am 100% happy with their involvement at the club!

We couldn't keep on with the same model of the past few seasons.

If Fosun have spent the past year and beginning of this transfer window focusing on obtaining investment then I am 100% happy with their involvement at the club!

We couldn't keep on with the same model of the past few seasons.
Jeff has been pretty open about it to be honest. Once he binned FFP (tried it once) and was asked about money, he did explain the brand building was to attract investment or float on the stock market in 3 or 4 years time if investment didn't happen.
Obviously we all just go with "fuck e-sports, fuck records, fuck fans in Mexico, Korea etc" but that is his plan.
Now its either that plan has worked or Fosun have decided to give Jeff some money to push us back to the top 7 and hope that attracts investors.

Back