• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Summer 2022 Transfer Window

I can’t call it - he somehow had us in and around the top six last year until we massively tailed off. It may just take one win to propel the team a bit.

Apart from his love of Jessie Marsch, Alan is ace.

The other poster has paperthin skin with an eggshell fragile ego.
Not with me he isn't. I treat people like they treat me. By the latter if you mean i won't take shit and stand up for myself then yes. Seems some people on here don't like that fact. You using the word ego is ironic..

I can’t call it - he somehow had us in and around the top six last year until we massively tailed off. It may just take one win to propel the team a bit.
I really want you to be right Sam. I have the feeling his race is run.

One thing I am glad about is that Lopetegui isn't available and we'd have to go to somebody who is available and who the players would be a good fit for.

I really want you to be right Sam. I have the feeling his race is run.

One thing I am glad about is that Lopetegui isn't available and we'd have to go to somebody who is available and who the players would be a good fit for.

I hope it isn’t run. I know he wasn’t any of our first choices but he seemed to get a chime out of players who weren’t his last season and he’s getting a decent cash injection now. The worrying thing is he didn’t turn around Benfica when they were slumping, and we really need a manager who can get a bit of consistency out of us as we weren’t hugely consistent under Nuno either.

It's a forum, full of different opinions, which isn't a problem. When someone has a different opinion to you thought don't act like you are god and your opinion is correct. That is directed at TT.
I see it more as assistance for the hard of thinking and mentally challenged. Think of it as online care in the community

I hope it isn’t run. I know he wasn’t any of our first choices but he seemed to get a chime out of players who weren’t his last season and he’s getting a decent cash injection now. The worrying thing is he didn’t turn around Benfica when they were slumping, and we really need a manager who can get a bit of consistency out of us as we weren’t hugely consistent under Nuno either.
It’s really set up now where it could go either way now.

The 1 thing the defenders of Lage would’ve said is he hasn’t been backed. That’s no longer the case, it’s sink or swim.

I’m not in the camp of get him out now, but I am in the camp of this period is vital for him and wolves. A decent manager should be able to get a decent tune out of the squad that’s been built. If he can’t, then he’s clearly not good enough.

Irrelevant of your own current position, I’m sure everyone will want him to be successful, as if he’s successful, ultimately wolves are

The worrying thing is he didn’t turn around Benfica when they were slumping

They've been getting progressively worse since he was sacked. Not to say they regret it - 2 wins in 13 is fucking terrible for them - but their results since don't really speak to the manager being the biggest problem there. That 2 wins in 13 definitely gets a lot more attention than the 49 wins in 63 that preceded it

So given those two likely to come in, and if we somehow manage to sell Hwang and Boly, and Cundle goes out on loan, then the first team squad will look like this:

Striker - Jimenez, Sasa
Wide - Podence, Neto, Guedes, Traore (Chiquinho probably not going to feature much if at all this season)
CM - Neves, Moutinho, Nunes, Dendoncker, Traore
FB - Jonny, Ait-Nouri, Semedo
CB - Collins, Kilman, Gomes, Mosquera
GK - Sa, Sarkic

20 players. That's the first XI plus the 9 on the bench. Is that enough?

Traore really needs replacing asap (Osorio?), and possibly another full-back unless we're happy with an U23 playing if needed. Who do we play at RB if both Jonny and Semedo are unavailable?

So given those two likely to come in, and if we somehow manage to sell Hwang and Boly, and Cundle goes out on loan, then the first team squad will look like this:

Striker - Jimenez, Sasa
Wide - Podence, Neto, Guedes, Traore (Chiquinho probably not going to feature much if at all this season)
GK - Sa, Sarkic

Traore really needs replacing asap (Osorio?), and possibly another full-back unless we're happy with an U23 playing if needed. Who do we play at RB if both Jonny and Semedo are unavailable?
I think both Bueno and Lembikissa can step up for the odd game.

We're not buying another RB with Bolla and Hoever out on loan.

Striker - Jimenez, Sasa
GK - Sa, Sarkic

Would’ve preferred another fullback also, but realistically it’s difficult signing someone to be fourth choice fullback. Given where we were last year, you’d have to be happy with that.

That 2 wins in 13 definitely gets a lot more attention than the 49 wins in 63 that preceded it
So it should.

John Barnes won 19 out of 29 at Celtic, including 9 of his first 11 league games. Big deal.

Anyway if Lage doesn't get points quickly then he'll be gone in fairly short order, we all know that.

Not with me he isn't. I treat people like they treat me. By the latter if you mean i won't take shit and stand up for myself then yes. Seems some people on here don't like that fact. You using the word ego is ironic..
I’ve been a regular here for over a decade, I’ve formed what I consider to be real friendships here. You take swings at those people often enough that I don’t rightly care how you feel about me.

Swing at me and I’ll take it on the chin. Swing at people I like and respect and you’ll get the same right back. Simple as.

They've been getting progressively worse since he was sacked. Not to say they regret it - 2 wins in 13 is fucking terrible for them - but their results since don't really speak to the manager being the biggest problem there. That 2 wins in 13 definitely gets a lot more attention than the 49 wins in 63 that preceded it

Oh absolutely, that club has problems that go above and beyond Bruno Lage or whoever their managers have been since. One thing Nuno was always good at was getting us out of these slumps and putting a bit of a streak together. As I said: if we win tomorrow and get a bit of confidence we’ll be an entirely different proposition.

It must be seen as a positive to us that Leeds have failed to score. They’ll want that new striker even more.

Striker - Jimenez, Sasa
GK - Sa, Sarkic

I would probably like another experienced CB. Adam Webster was mentioned a couple of days back and he’d be a good acquisition, though I’m not sure he’d swap Brighton for us currently.

I would probably like another experienced CB. Adam Webster was mentioned a couple of days back and he’d be a good acquisition, though I’m not sure he’d swap Brighton for us currently.
£40m to even start the conversation, I reckon he goes to Leicester once they've sold Fofana.

Back