• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Summer 2022 Transfer Window

Boly is huffing because he wants to play football, and whereas we rolled the red carpet and ushered Coady for free to his home town, we're pissing around over a million or two for him.

I don't know enough to comment, Boly however is one of a number of players who previously looked fully committed and part of a team with excellent team spirit, that now seems desperate enough that he would refuse to turn up, given Coady, the alleged falling out with Jonny I don't think it's unfair to ask the question is it?
Yes it is unfair. You have zero evidence to connect the two. Correlation doesn't equal causation.

Boly has been working with Lage for over 12 months. If it's just that he doesn't like him why hasn't he done it before now?

Or could it be that he has a chance to leave and play first team football so he's trying to force the club's hand.

Occam's Razor.

Boly is huffing because he wants to play football, and whereas we rolled the red carpet and ushered Coady for free to his home town, we're pissing around over a million or two for him.
Well Forest either hit our valuation or not. I doubt we're asking the earth.

Occam's Razor could be 'I don't want to play for the worst manager in the league', which pound for pound, he is.

Anyway, we know Boly is in a steepish decline, I wish he hadn't gone about it this way but thanks for a lot of good memories.

Last edited:
I've wondered if Coady was allowed to go so easily because him and Bruno weren't seeing eye-to-eye, so better for everyone if one of them goes.

Its not a hill I'm in anyway prepared to die on, but the thought did occur.

I've wondered if Coady was allowed to go so easily because him and Bruno weren't seeing eye-to-eye, so better for everyone if one of them goes.

Its not a hill I'm in anyway prepared to die on, but the thought did occur.
Coady was a fantastic servant and has a very strong shout of playing in a world cup. Boly shouldn't expect the same treatment.

I fucking hate how footballers are described as 'fantastic servants' for doing a dream job for millions of pounds a year

It does remind me of the Mitchell and Webb sketch - a bunch of over paid mercenaries from all 4 corners of the globe - etc.

My point/slight worry is that I get both Coady and Boly have been mainstays, but they have had a couple of weeks of not being starters and now are acting in a manner that they can't wait to leave. Which I get is very "football" but does make me have some thoughts at least.

Not a dig at the two players concerned as it's very early days, but we've signed over £50m in talent in the past few weeks, and we still look just as unlikely to score, which has dampened my enthusiasm and optimism regarding any how much further incomings are going to have an effect

Not a dig at the two players concerned as it's very early days, but we've signed over £50m in talent in the past few weeks, and we still look just as unlikely to score, which has dampened my enthusiasm and optimism regarding any how much further incomings are going to have an effect
Agreed, I posted something similar earlier.

We have good, and sone excellent, players.

They are far from the biggest problem at our football club.

If the club are taking the stance that they won't let him go without signing a replacement maybe he feels like his hand was forced.

There’s definitely the right and wrong way of doing things. Unfortunately, this is becoming more of the norm these days, swayed by listening to their agents promise of big moves. In any other walk of life if you didn’t bother turning up at work you’d be straight up to HR. Boly, if he does turn back up at Compton will receive a measly fine and will be training with the kids until his departure.

Its the modern way unfortunately, I do sympathise though, it's a short career and players will excerise whatever leverage they can to get the moves they want.

Back