• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Summer 2022 Transfer Window

They are supposedly selling Luiz, so sort of replaces him I suppose. We need a number 10, 433 isn't working, at least with Lage in charge
Doesn't matter what we play with Lage in charge.

4-3-3 would work with these players. Not with Nunes at 10 though, which is where he was yesterday. Nunes is an 8, he needs another 8 beside him to make the full 4-3-3 work. Somebody like RLC or Curtis Jones (I know neither are coming).

Cundle could've been that player.

We could play 4-2-3-1 with Pod at 10 too.

Basically, Lage is just shit.

Yeah, it’s a weird one- short of anything completely unexpected, this has been our best window for years and years (frankly, far better than I could have remotely expected back in May), but with Lage in charge, what the hell’s the point? Doesn’t matter how big a team of all-stars we put together, we’ll still play the same blunt, timid, tedious shit we’ve been playing for ages.

Maximo Perrone missed Velez Sarsfield game last night due to a collapsed lung!

I wouldn't mind Dawson to be honest, he has always put in a good game for West Ham whenever I've seen him.

Maximo Perrone missed Velez Sarsfield game last night due to a collapsed lung!
The club that the other young lad we’ve been linked to (Osorio) have said that they’re selling no players this window.

The club that the other young lad we’ve been linked to (Osorio) have said that they’re selling no players this window.
Everything on twatter I've seen suggests he's moving, weird

Edit. Found the announcement now, as you were.

Last edited:
Sounds like West Ham, Everton and Newcastle all have an eye on Dendoncker.

Then he doesn't play. Just seems an unnecessary signing, he's probably going to want around 35k a week too.
You can argue the merits of Dawson (stylistically the wrong player), not the need for another centre half though. Having Gomes and Mosquera as your top 2 options for cover is too big a risk and you certainly don't want Dendoncker there with us playing a high line

Its fairly obvious that 5 atb was not our problem.
It was and it wasn't. We still didn't/don't have the wing backs to make it work, but clearly it wasn't the only issue. A competent manager will get more out of a back 4 with the squad we have than they will with a 5

It was and it wasn't. We still didn't/don't have the wing backs to make it work, but clearly it wasn't the only issue. A competent manager will get more out of a back 4 with the squad we have than they will with a 5

I think Semedo and Ait Nouri could play as wingbacks if we actually moved the ball quickly enough to properly overload the wide areas. We don't and haven't since our first PL season though.

Yep and still had Neves standing next to Coady. But it’s always been known that 532/343 isn’t a defensive formation same as 4321/433 isn’t an attacking one.

It was just hoped Bruno was having to play dull dross (even though there was no real case for that, but benefit of doubt), now it’s clear he totally useless.

I think Semedo and Ait Nouri could play as wingbacks if we actually moved the ball quickly enough to properly overload the wide areas. We don't and haven't since our first PL season though.
Ait Nouri continually checked back rather than delivering the ball which could be on the manager I suppose. Semedo can't cross, shoot or take a man on. I don't see him ever being a competent, creative wing back

Back