• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Summer 2022 Transfer Window

People talk about Fabio Silvas minutes but when he has played he barely ever looks like scoring. I know we are not the most creative of teams but he is just not a very threatening player. I don't think we have any option but to persevere though as he won't go out on loan and there definitely wouldn't be a bid anywhere near enough to make them even think about selling.

Watching him this season, it`s plain to see that he isn`t going to develop in the close season to premier league standard. He needs regular football. Loan him out I say.

Watching him this season, it`s plain to see that he isn`t going to develop in the close season to premier league standard. He needs regular football. Loan him out I say.

Yeah that was my thinking. A prospect of his standing (ability, not fee) at any other club and it isn't a question of what happens with him at this stage. Gibbs-White did okay with his first loan and superb this year, Mir needed several before he kicked on, I am not always in favour of loans but then I am also not in favour of having such an expensive project player that isn't deemed loanable but isn't good enough for the role needed with the 1st team.

That's a possibility, but comes with risk. Jeff's protecting himself here. Someone's reputation wasn't entwined in Kane. If I'm wrong come August I'll gladly say so. I'm not saying he'd fail necessarily, just that we wouldn't take the risk
Short term risk maybe but Jeff will be judged on how Silva does before his contract starts running out so should be looking further ahead than a loan in the Championship until January.

From the day Jiminez got injured we haven't had a forward that looked like scoring so I think it is harsh to judge Silva when every other player is on the same level. We don't create good goal scoring opportunities on a consistent basis but Silva has improved physically and while the goal threat is still not there he doesn't look lost anymore. I would rather keep Silva in the squad than replace him with someone not as good.

Even if he progresses as much from year 2 to year 3, as he did year 1 to year 2; then he won't be ready for a team with top half asperations.

Even if he progresses as much from year 2 to year 3, as he did year 1 to year 2; then he won't be ready for a team with top half asperations.
Depends whether Fosun see us as a team with top half aspirations anymore 🤨

read somewhere recently that real madrid were tracking silva, so you never know....

Read somewhere that Liverpool were in for Hwang too...

That was previous no? He scored past them in Europe and seem to recall him being linked prior to them activating Minamino's release fee.

I've found some highlights of his goal here but it also starts with his just miscontrolling the ball out, all feels very familiar.

You really think he's no good at football? There have been games this season where he has looked every bit as good as Raul, so I'm assuming he's no good at football either?
Without getting into a Fabio slagging. The performance of both hasn't been at an acceptable level of the number one striker at a top half club. One is ascending but not there, one descending. I doubt either will be next season either

Back