• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Summer 2022 Transfer Window

2nd most expensive teenage signing ever in the PL with zero goals this season.

Yep, money well spent by genius Jeff.

Without getting into a Fabio slagging. The performance of both hasn't been at an acceptable level of the number one striker at a top half club. One is ascending but not there, one descending. I doubt either will be next season either
This I totally agree with. I don't think it's reasonable to say that Fabio is no good at football though. He's clearly not where we hoped, but young players do develop at different rates and he hasn't looked like a complete pub footballer. But he is 19 and has plenty of room to grow. Do I think he'll be the £35m player we thought we were getting? No. Does that mean we should write him off completely? Also no.

You really think he's no good at football? There have been games this season where he has looked every bit as good as Raul, so I'm assuming he's no good at football either?
As much as I think Fabio will have a decent career, and there is potential there, a mid table premier league club should not be paying there record transfer fee on a teenager not ready. Was, and still is madness.

And I like the lad

As much as I think Fabio will have a decent career, and there is potential there, a mid table premier league club should not be paying there record transfer fee on a teenager not ready. Was, and still is madness.

And I like the lad
I don't disagree. It's not his fault though is it?

I do think it's fair to distinguish between Fabio the player and the shite deal. That said his old man took one hell of a drink out of it which does blend the 2 to a degree
Though, again, that's not 18 year old (at the time) Fabio's fault.

Why does it matter who’s fault it is?! Is he good enough now? No. Who gives a fuck about anything else.

Same as it’s not Hwangs fault he’s fucking useless, it’s definitely not his fault we’ve signed him and certainly not his fault he keeps getting played.

We can all still say he’s rubbish and not good enough…

He's not good enough now, but he's 19 for fucks sake. Were you the best you could be at 19? I know I fucking wasn't!

Why does it matter who’s fault it is?! Is he good enough now? No. Who gives a fuck about anything else.

Same as it’s not Hwangs fault he’s fucking useless, it’s definitely not his fault we’ve signed him and certainly not his fault he keeps getting played.

We can all still say he’s rubbish and not good enough…

It is Hwang's fault for getting Lage cookies though. So we at least have that.

Not Fabio's fault that we give him zero balls to work with, like Raul both are feeding off scraps 30 yards out and trying to work forward on their own. Give him and Raul better tools and you'll see goals flowing.

Because he might get better? And maybe become a decent player? Just a thought. Nah, let's just write him off at 19, shall we?
He does need a proper run in the side, not just one or two games. I've not yet wrote him off.

Because he might get better? And maybe become a decent player? Just a thought. Nah, let's just write him off at 19, shall we?
One person who turns up once in a blue moon to slag off MGW and Fabio has written him off.

Everyone else has merely stated he isn’t good enough to lead the line for us NOW. Whether he can be great In 2 years is irrelevant to the situation that we need a top level striker in 2 months…

I’ve said before on another thread, we could have peak Roy Race, Steve Bull or jimmy Greaves, if they aren’t getting the service they won’t score goals

One person who turns up once in a blue moon to slag off MGW and Fabio has written him off.

Everyone else has merely stated he isn’t good enough to lead the line for us NOW. Whether he can be great In 2 years is irrelevant to the situation that we need a top level striker in 2 months…
I think there were a couple of games this season where he did lead the line pretty well. But as is typical of young players, even very good ones, he was inconsistent. Do I want him to be our main striking option? Absolutely not. Do I think he could be a decent option alongside someone else? If we actually had a team that played that way, yeah he could be.

I don't disagree. It's not his fault though is it?
Don’t think anyone is saying it is? I agree It’s not the lads fault.

As I said, I think he will have a good career. Take the price tag away, is he ready to be our main striker currently? No. Is he ready to be back up/number 2. Juries still out.

The 35m is a stick to beat the club (Fosun) with, not Fabio.

Back