• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Summer 2022 Transfer Window

Villa sold him at the right time. He was the darling of English football fans at the time. A lesson for us is they spunked the £100m by and large and are going to have to spend it again to get the players Gerrard wants
Yep, remember all the stick Southgate was getting for not picking him more for England (and yet when he did play he did fuck all)

Now Southgate is getting criticised for not picking Maddison over him.

What fee should we be expecting for Neves? (ignoring that Jeff and Scott will likely get their pants pulled down again.)
I said to a United supporter when talking about Neves that we would be looking in the £50million range, he laughed and said he is we would be very lucky to get that much, when I said that's how much they had paid for Fred it shut him up.

I said to a United supporter when talking about Neves that we would be looking in the £50million range, he laughed and said he is we would be very lucky to get that much, when I said that's how much they had paid for Fred it shut him up.
Fantasy football has a lot to answer for. We were mad to sell Doherty and Neves is over priced

Now Southgate is getting criticised for not picking Maddison over him.
Southgate stopped picking Maddison because he reckoned he didn't play enough at the time or was out of form. Then proceed to pick Grealish constantly as soon as he moved to Man City despite not playing enough and being out of form.

if we are genuinely moving to a 4 with a double pivot then it’s not a big issue.
I'm not so convinced. If he's slow and unable to play through a press, he'll get eaten alive, even if he's just sitting. There are very few players of that ilk who make it in the top leagues now. You either need to be incredibly confident on the ball, or able to beat a man and ideally both!

I'm not so convinced. If he's slow and unable to play through a press, he'll get eaten alive, even if he's just sitting. There are very few players of that ilk who make it in the top leagues now. You either need to be incredibly confident on the ball, or able to beat a man and ideally both!
I think he'll be ok in the Declan Rice role and does look similar to that type of player.

Think we may go with a Soton style 4-2-2-2 next season but should be 4-2-3-1 with 2 sitting mids and MGW in front.

That means we need a CB and at least 1 wide player.

Rice has massively improved his ability to drive forwards with the ball though, which makes him an option to open the pitch up ahead of him. I'm not seeing that really with Palhinha. He looks like your typical sitter who won't look to break forward much, if at all.

Rice has massively improved his ability to drive forwards with the ball though, which makes him an option to open the pitch up ahead of him. I'm not seeing that really with Palhinha. He looks like your typical sitter who won't look to break forward much, if at all.
I'm not so sure, look how much we drive Dendoncker forward, despite him looking like he should be a sitter.............

I don't want us to sell our best player and sign someone who might be "ok".

It's a small sample size but based on what I've seen Palhinha doesn't look very good at all. He's probably good on FIFA which is why Twitter demands we sign him.

I have no idea how good he is. I’ve seen him play, (played against us) and watched him at the Euros but wasn’t really paying attention to him.

Neves and Moutinho can’t beat the press now though and I’d be surprised if he’s as immobile as them. And if your playing a back 4 your ability to beat a press with a direct ball increases like Man City do by hitting it straight into a forward from Ederson.

Are Neves and Moutjnho that immobile? Moutinho gets about the pitch very well imo, hes a bit lightweight but makes up for that with his shithousing. Neves also puts himself about, he's not a box to box midfielder but who is these days?

I'm not so sure, look how much we drive Dendoncker forward, despite him looking like he should be a sitter.............
That's just nonsensical tactical decisions though isn't it. Anyone with eyes (bar our coaching team) can see that Dendoncker is completely incapable of playing that role.

Last edited:
That's just nonsensical tactical decisions though isn't' it. Anyone with eyes (bar our coaching team) can see that Dendoncker is completely incapable of playing that role.
Oh yeah, i totally agree. I was being facetious.

Although Nuno did the same with Dendocker too, i've never understood it, the brief times Moutinho and Neves have played that more attacking role they've both been more effective than Donk, despite Donk having more energy.

I’m going to get grief for this but if neves is off, I think he’ll go for for 25-30 million, that’ll be a 10 million profit on what we bought him for, good profit, job done for our glorious leader Jeff

Not at all convinced that someone like Palhinha is what we need. We desperately need mobility in central midfield.
We will have a choice of Moutinho (I hope), MGW and Cundle to provide the movement and mobility... ;)

Back