• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Summer 2022 Transfer Window

We can't afford to loan out Fabio. Goes to the Championship and bombs that's the £35m blown quicker than it will be as a bit part player at Wolves

I wouldn't be sending him to the Championship though. GrassZ before anyone there though.

Didn’t Lage literally say last week he wanted him to stay?

It appears Lage has literally no influence or say in what’s happening.

As for Ruddy, he’s been a top professional & clearly liked a lot behind the scenes. Wish him nothing but the best.

Jake Humphrey's almost as full of shit as Spiers.

I don't doubt he's been popular and a good pro but let's dial it back a bit.

We can't afford to loan out Fabio. Goes to the Championship and bombs that's the £35m blown quicker than it will be as a bit part player at Wolves
Thing is, it doesn’t really make a difference.

We aren’t selling him anytime soon, if at all, and no one is paying more than £10m for him currently which we wouldn’t accept. He’s got to become World Class to be sold, less than that then he’s staying and being a OK player for us or worse and he’s eventually leaving for free/pittance. If he’s any good, he doesn’t fail in the championship. If he does fail then he was no good and no one was going to buy him anyway for a fee we would remotely accept and that spell wasn’t going to influence that. They aren’t exactly queuing for him now.

If he’s not going to play (seems unlikely) and him not playing is good for his development then fine, he can stay. If it’s not then he has to go out otherwise we’re going to lose anyway. Next years the big “Harry Kane” year. If he doesn’t stand out next year then it just confirms what we already knew.

Didn’t Lage literally say last week he wanted him to stay?

It appears Lage has literally no influence or say in what’s happening.

As for Ruddy, he’s been a top professional & clearly liked a lot behind the scenes. Wish him nothing but the best.

Maybe Lage was being diplomatic?

How often do managers shrug their shoulders and say they don't care either way when asked about one of their players' futures?

Thing is, it doesn’t really make a difference.

We aren’t selling him anytime soon, if at all, and no one is paying more than £10m for him currently which we wouldn’t accept. He’s got to become World Class to be sold, less than that then he’s staying and being a OK player for us or worse and he’s eventually leaving for free/pittance. If he’s any good, he doesn’t fail in the championship. If he does fail then he was no good and no one was going to buy him anyway for a fee we would remotely accept and that spell wasn’t going to influence that. They aren’t exactly queuing for him now.

If he’s not going to play (seems unlikely) and him not playing is good for his development then fine, he can stay. If it’s not then he has to go out otherwise we’re going to lose anyway. Next years the big “Harry Kane” year. If he doesn’t stand out next year then it just confirms what we already knew.
Instead of we I should have said Jeff. Much more in his interests to hide him than expose him

Instead of we I should have said Jeff. Much more in his interests to hide him than expose him
It will all come out in the wash anyway. Hiding him is just kicking the can down the road and hiding him and him failing is not going to make him look less of a twat than trying to develop him and failing.

It will all come out in the wash anyway. Hiding him is just kicking the can down the road and hiding him and him failing is not going to make him look less of a twat than trying to develop him and failing.
If you are Jeff what would you rather have? Another year of telling the ownership, the fans and yourself that he's developing whilst he plays a dozen or so games in the PL, or having to explain why Cardiff sent your £35m centre forward back at Xmas because he'd scored 1 goal in 23 games.

If you are Jeff what would you rather have? Another year of telling the ownership, the fans and yourself that he's developing whilst he plays a dozen or so games in the PL, or having to explain why Cardiff sent your £35m centre forward back at Xmas because he'd scored 1 goal in 23 games.
Alternatively he goes to Cardiff and scores a few and it plays a part in him realising his potential just as Kane’s loans did.

Well it all depends on whether we think Jeff made this decision of his own back or it was just a wider Fosun/Wolves - Mendes - Porto agreed bung/favour. For the record I think it’s the latter

But for the sake of your scenario I don’t think it makes any difference unless this was a decision that was going to get him sacked which all you’re doing is delaying it by a year. Even then he can probably move back to China and earn the same money in a different sector.

Alternatively he goes to Cardiff and scores a few and it plays a part in him realising his potential just as Kane’s loans did.
That's a possibility, but comes with risk. Jeff's protecting himself here. Someone's reputation wasn't entwined in Kane. If I'm wrong come August I'll gladly say so. I'm not saying he'd fail necessarily, just that we wouldn't take the risk

We aren’t loaning Fabio out at least not in this country. Just won’t happen.

He also won’t go to bloody Grasshoppers either. Milling around the trapdoor of the bloody Swiss league is worse than championship.

Back