• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Summer 2022 Transfer Window

I find it incomprehensible that we've not done either of:
A) sign a new midfielder
B) renewed moutinho
C) both

Renewing Moutinho would have given a little bit of breathing space but now I think he leaves on the 1st July.

I find it incomprehensible that we've not done either of:
A) sign a new midfielder
B) renewed moutinho
C) both

Renewing Moutinho would have given a little bit of breathing space but now I think he leaves on the 1st July.
It's amazing isn't it? Genuinely.

What the fuck are they up to?

I suppose the one thing is that Moutinho hasn't really been linked to anyone other than a lazy rumour with Roma.

He only leaves if someone else offers him a contract.

He will sign. The number of suitors who a) can pay his wages b) aren’t China, Middle East or MLS c) would want him d) he’d want to play for, is probably only 1 club - us.

I am not sure what signs they are seeing that the market will accelerate in July - usually there are a fair few big deals that open up others - but from the big deals I am aware of (eg Sterling to Chelsea, Jesus to Arsenal, de Jong to united, Richardson to spurs) - none involve buying / selling clubs where we have had a tenuous link to purchasing their players (I am not counting Neves to any of these clubs).

We’ve gone through the not signing because of international games and players away,
we are now into the not signing due to players on holiday,
Then it’s not signing due to pre season games being played,
Finally not signing anyone because the seasons started.
Then it’ll be we tried to sign these players, but couldn’t reach an agreement

The velocity of the transfer market seems very nebulous. But, I wonder if someone could work out the number of transfer deals done / days the window has been open?

Think they only signed up to troll Deutsch yesterday
"In Internet slang, a troll is a person who posts inflammatory, insincere, digressive, extraneous, or off-topic messages in an online community "

I commented on a post in a 2022 transfer thread that was offering an opinion on the quality of writing on the club's website, going on to criticise the Club for not doing something that I am led to believe they did in fact try to do. It's just what I heard, so If I have been told wrong, I am happy for someone to correct me on that.

Not sure who is the troll here, but it certainly isn't me.

Bruno Andrade has tweeted some interesting stuff.

Basically reading through the translation, The Palhinha to Fulham deal hasn't been announced yet because Jorge Mendes is asking for 2m euro from Sporting first, as he had an agreement in place ("power of attorney") to exclusively discuss the future of Palhinha first & his intention was to do a deal with us.

The transfer to Fulham was done via another agent (Hernan Reguera). Sporting are now "responsible" to pay the 2m euro to Mendes before the transfer goes through.

He also added that there is no agreement between Palhinha & Wolves, which is why Sporting went ahead with negotiations elsewhere. No idea if it will end up going any further.

Yeah, mate, Mr. Shi is definitely reading the E&S online comments' section...
To be fair, we know he (at least used to) read Molineux Mix, the E&S comment section isn't a huge step down.

Last edited:
Well if he has any sense what so ever, he should sit up and take notice to stuff like that. But this is Jeff Shi we’re talking about. In his head, he can do no wrong.

2021-22 Wolves fan survey results, (from 3900 people.)

- 84% insisted they have no faith in the recruitment plan for this summer
- 64% have no faith in the Wolves board
- 70% still believe it was the right decision to appoint Lage
- 72% were unhappy finishing 10th.

That’s fairly conclusive stuff, despite the small pool questioned.

You are Vinny Clarke and I can claim the £10 prize?

Please feel free to let us know what your views are on our current transfer activity.
If they are honest, a vast majority of people would say they don't have a clue about what that activity is.

Do I think that social media offers a true reflection of it? No.
Do I become incontinent at the thought of perceived inactivity? Again, no.

The time to assess the transfer window is once we've concluded our business.

If I'm reading the Palhinha thing properly, with Mendes putting a 2m POA in to sell Palhinha thinking he'd sell him to us. And then us not buying Palhinha, does that mean we're starting to try to do our own thing now? Rather than relying on Mendes?

Either way, it sounds like we're not giving Mendes an easy 2m

Sorry for the words and their order

Back