• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Summer 2022 Transfer Window

Ohhhhhh Hwang Hee Hwang Ui, Hwang Hee Hwang Ui Hwang Hee Hwang Ui Wanderers...

That's enough now

Sounds like we've just found out Jimenez is out for 8 weeks and not 2 weeks as originally thought.

The longer this window goes on the more bizarre the decision to sign Hwang the First becomes. Obviously he’s not a CF or we wouldn’t be searching desperately for one now. Out wide he’s not a starter so effectively we’ve spent a very significant amount of available funds on a squad player. That money could have been spent so much better even before you take into account that when he does play he looks like a competition winner. Even Josh Brownhill would be better use of part of that £14m.

The longer this window goes on the more bizarre the decision to sign Hwang the First becomes. Obviously he’s not a CF or we wouldn’t be searching desperately for one now. Out wide he’s not a starter so effectively we’ve spent a very significant amount of available funds on a squad player. That money could have been spent so much better even before you take into account that when he does play he looks like a competition winner. Even Josh Brownhill would be better use of part of that £14m.
Jeff said everything but the words to say why Hwang was signed in his Ask Wolves video, they wont mind that he's a squad player as there is another agenda at work.

Hwangs not even a squad player. Wouldn’t have him in my 5 a side team.

As for Batshuayi, how can he possibly be a bad signing? He’s a BELGIAN INTERNATIONAL!?

Jeff said everything but the words to say why Hwang was signed in his Ask Wolves video, they wont mind that he's a squad player as there is another agenda at work.
I pointed this out yesterday, and got told to give it a rest, it’s getting boring

Wouldn't be opposed to Batshuayi, he's had a half decent record for most of the teams he's played he's been but never seems to be taken permanently. He's a big unit who is mobile. He'll miss a few sitters but probably grab a few goals for us as well.

If it’s a choice between Benteke and Batshuayi I’d take the latter, even more so if it’s a loan and Chelsea are subsidising his wages. As a bonus I can guarantee even if he breaks a leg on his debut he’ll cover more ground than Jose did so long as he makes it to the second half.

I would have been stoked on signing Michy four years ago...

He's been shit at Chelsea and was shit on loan at Palace, seems therefore there's a decent chance he'd be shit at Wolves. Shitter than nothing, probably not

I think he was decent at Palace in his first spell at least. Not the most exciting bit of business, but i'd be happier with him than some of the garbage we have been linked with the last few days.

He had a good season there and then poor the next, caveat being Palace's tactics at the time were everyone behind the ball defending and pass it to Zaha. Actually gave me visions of that bloke in Jimmy Grimble.

He's been shit at Chelsea and was shit on loan at Palace, seems therefore there's a decent chance he'd be shit at Wolves. Shitter than nothing, probably not
He isn't shit at all and wasn't shit for Palace in his first spell. He's a good back up striker which is what we want.

Last edited:
As I say, not shitter than nothing and not shitter than Benteke, Hwang 1 or probably Hwang 2, but if that's the bar expectations are now very low

Hurts me to say it but, if we absolutely have to sell to buy, selling Ait Nouri for £40+ million might be our only chance of actually landing some decent players.

Everyone I’m seeing us linked with (bullshit or not) is considerably worse than what we already have.

We need starters, not squad fillers, and we’re not getting any of them with the budget we’re allegedly shopping with.

Hurts me to say it but, if we absolutely have to sell to buy, selling Ait Nouri for £40+ million might be our only chance of actually landing some decent players.

Everyone I’m seeing us linked with (bullshit or not) is considerably worse than what we already have.

We need starters, not squad fillers, and we’re not getting any of them with the budget we’re allegedly shopping with.
We have two fit full-backs. Selling one of them isn't a very good idea right now.

Back