• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Summer 2022 Transfer Window

I hope I'm wrong in the same way I was wrong about Ryan Bennett.

The thing is we shifted Benno on because we'd moved on from what we required when he first joined, and he was starting to get on a bit. That was bloody ages ago now. And we're looking at signing someone the exact same age who likes elbowing people, for actual money. Benno was free.

Rui
Jonny
Boly made permanent
Vinagre made permanent (when we thought he had something)
Moutinho
Dendoncker (when he was good)
Adama (yes, I know)
Raul
Jota made permanent
Leo made permanent (lolz)
Flipping Badge Kissing Ben for profit
Kilman (the ultimate low key deal at the time...but look how it turned out)

Still think that was slightly better.
Yeah but Jonny shanked a cross into the stands at Derby so his signing was shit and Raul was dreadful as a LB in the World Cup, so remove a few marks for those signings.

I think at the end of this window we will have our best squad we have had in the Prem.....just led by he worst coach we have had in the Prem

We're gonna need a centre half who we can trust to come in should Collins/Kilman have a drop in form/injury. Seems they don't see Toti as quite that, or that we need a right sided one too.

I'd rather Denayer than Dawson though.

I absolutely agree that if/when Boly goes, we need another one in. Yerson is nowhere near. Donck would have been dubious cover but he's probably off too.

Just not that combover twat.

I'm sure he's a great pro and a decent defender. Hammers fans are very upset. Problem is he's nowhere near Denayer and he doesn't fit our profile of CBs that are comfortable on the ball. Odd signing.

Reactions: b3h
Romano saying we're not open to letting him go ffs. We could have got £17m for the useless prick
Perhaps Bruno knows he's on his way and his final two fingers is keeping us stuck with Hwang.

• Haha
Reactions: b3h
£7m for Dawson? Fuck that, he's a cunt, he's shit, old and slow.
I think we've agreed a fee for Dawson but he's just a backup option in case we can't get our other targets. Denayer and the guy we've just been linked to from Strasbourg (Djiku or something).

I think we've agreed a fee for Dawson but he's just a backup option in case we can't get our other targets. Denayer and the guy we've just been linked to from Strasbourg (Djiku or something).
To be fair, Dijku looked very good when I saw him the other day, probably the best player on the pitch - but it's a very small sample size, and Ligue 1 is what it is!

Just put on Twitter that Boly is the best CH I've seen at Wolves in 35 years bar Lescott.

Within five minutes, flooded with "wHaT aBoUt DeAn RiChArDs" replies. People don't fucking watch football, do they.
And honestly, Dean Richards made too many mistakes when he switched off for my liking. When he was awake, he was majestic, but...

(and at least they didn't say Paul Blades...)

And honestly, Dean Richards made too many mistakes when he switched off for my liking. When he was awake, he was majestic, but...

(and at least they didn't say Paul Blades...)
94/95: Handful of games on loan at the end of the season. Some at RB. We shipped goals like crazy
95/96: Superb for half a season in a dire team. Got injured in January and didn't play again
96/97: Kept giving away goals and got booed at home in October. Injured in January and didn't play again
97/98: Didn't play until Boxing Day. Was alright afterwards. Didn't cover himself in glory for Arsenal's goal in the cup
98/99: The question is, how much more average can this centre half in a mundane second tier team be? And the answer is none, none more average

Yeah, definitely better than Willy "Europa League quarter finalist" Boly, eh.

Dean Richards definitely gets compared against the other centre-halves of his time - and to be fair, he was massively better than most of them. I mean, look at this lot who played at centre-half for us at the same time as Richards and compare:

* Paul Blades
* John de Wolf post-injury
* Eric Young
* Mark Atkins
* Neil Emblen (who was far better in midfield)
* Adrian Williams
* Simon Coleman
* Steve Sedgley

But then that's like comparing Ruben Neves to Simon Osborn because Osborn was miles better than Corica.

Back