• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Swansea (a) 3rd Round Replay

Status
Not open for further replies.
Charlie Nicholas is a blithering idiot.

Charlie Nicholas is a blithering idiot.

For the younger ones - Charlie Nicholas had a trial at Wolves when he was younger, something never went right and he has had a downer on Wolves all through his broadcasting career. He is always very negative about us and seems to gloat when things don't go well for us (although that might be my paranoia about him!). The rumour around at the time was that he got a beating in the Subway by Molineux and went off back to Scotland hating Wolverhampton.

Also had a bust up with Mick during his time at Wolves

Also had a bust up with Mick during his time at Wolves
Didn't he get sent off for fighting with MM when he was at Aberdeen and Mick at Celtic? That dislike of him was obvious when he was our manager in the Prem, Nicholas was always delighted when we conceded and he was doing our game on Soccer Saturday.

Costa is still playing himself into fitness and has to be given more game time. We are still getting results with him on the pitch.
Cav has been very good this season, but from what I have seen Costa is still the better player of the two.

nah will have to go with cav, he can make it come alive with this team as opposed to costa who shone in a less illuminated scenario. not to say he can't do it but i think Cav has proved more so far

Looks like Jota and Neves have travelled for this one.

Looks like Jota and Neves have travelled for this one.

They were both in the crowd for the Man City game, weren't they? Not sure it means they'll play, but I do hope we have them on the bench.

I'd really, really love for us to have a tilt at the cup this year. It would really test the hypothesis that we've seen fans of Wolves, and of other teams, say - that this is a mid-table Premier League team playing in a division lower than it should be.

Nuno made a big thing about all the squad travelling to Man City, so perhaps has done the same here? I think the team will be similar to the one at home with Mir, Batth and Douglas coming in for Vinagre, Bonatini and Bennett or Coady. Can't see Graham playing, bench at best.

I think we've brought him back for emergency cover. German Phil is the new Silvio and as things stand there's no credible link to another RWB. He can't go out on loan again this season so there'd be no point him coming back, if as portrayed it was our decision unless we intended for him to at least provide a back up option at least in the short term.

Nuno made a big thing about all the squad travelling to Man City, so perhaps has done the same here? I think the team will be similar to the one at home with Mir, Batth and Douglas coming in for Vinagre, Bonatini and Bennett or Coady. Can't see Graham playing, bench at best.

Manchester isn't too much of a journey but i don't see much good in making the full squad go to Swansea and back 48 hours before a league game.

As said above doesn't look like Cav is playing.
Be good for Mir to have a full match,watching him Saturday, I think he's got better close control than I originally thought he had...Crouch like control.

Really looking forward to the match, weather looks like it will be dreadful. Why are people saying that Batth will play I thought he was suspended?

Mir to score the winner from a Bright cross, you heard it here first!!

Really looking forward to the match, weather looks like it will be dreadful. Why are people saying that Batth will play I thought he was suspended?

Missed 3 games now - Brentford, Swansea and Barnsley

Just seen the forecast...had best pack a few extra layers I think!

Just seen the forecast...had best pack a few extra layers I think!
Yes definately! I presume we will be well sheltered in the stands not been to the Liberty before.

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

Yes definately! I presume we will be well sheltered in the stands not been to the Liberty before.

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

Same here! Fingers crossed!

I'll be parking at the Landore Social Club & having a beer in there pre-match for anyone who is around (hoping that there match day parking is open!)

Is this game being shown anywhere I know the beeb are showing Chelsea.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back