• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The 2014/15 Promotion Push Run-In Thread

Absolutely massive weekend coming up.

Wolves v Derby
Bournemouth v Middlesbrough
Watford v Ipswich

You have to say Brentford have the advantage this weekend with a home fixture against Millwall (who are all but down). Three points against Derby would be massive but I have a feeling Kenny will start the game cautiously.

Fuck!
If we can get 3 points friday, saturday afternoon could be quite interesting around 4.50pm...

Derby on a bit of a poor run, at the wrong time of the season. I would hope that we attack them from the kick off. An early goal will dent their already fragile confidence.

We have to go for the win Friday, draws won't help us. Hopefully Watford beat Ipswich but no way Brentford won't win unfortunately. I still feel like we'll just fall short which will be frustrating especially as we beat Watford and should have beat them a second time and they're top now.

"Defensively they are not great"

Conceded 5 less than Brentford, same as Watford, 2 more than Ipswich, 3 more than Norwich, 4 more than Derby, 5 more than Bournemouth. We'll ignore tight arse Boro defence though....

No much between the top 8 (Boro aside) in terms of defence. Our problem was not scoring enough until Afobe rocked up.

Bournemouth 1-0 up against Boro after 12 minutes.

One more goal and in the top six?

Two I think as Brentford have scored more goals than us.

Nope, a 1-0 defeat puts them ahead of us on goals scored. If they concede again then they'll go below us on goal difference. I don't care about that though, 1-0 will do me as no-one expected Millwall to get anything here. No-one likes a greedy guts.

On another note we have now picked up 38 points in our 19 games since the run of doom.

Ah, I had it in my head there was a 4 goal deficit before our match.

It's unique us doing well, last night' result, when we need to. Maybe a problem positive sign

However, a point or better for Ipswich later and we are back out of the top 6.

Back