• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Advice Thread

Thanks chaps. Easy really isn't it !!

I've got a big problem with smart arses.

I try and help out somebody who is vulnerable and just because others have passed on advice quicker than me, folk have started to be sarcastic and ridicule the fact that several people were willing to help.

What can I do?

Stop helping people?

I've got a big problem with smart arses.

I try and help out somebody who is vulnerable and just because others have passed on advice quicker than me, folk have started to be sarcastic and ridicule the fact that several people were willing to help.

What can I do?

And to you Sniffer x

Now I can't find the bits I wanted to quote in the first place !!

For me it's the first time it's "going well" with someone since my long-term ex and I broke up but she's getting a bit serious for my liking; bearing in mind I've been seeing her for a few months now. She's constantly going on at me about letting her move into my flat. The thing is, I'm autistic and therefore having my own space is a top priority - it's my way of coping with my disability. My ex was very understanding on that note but I'm finding my current girlfriend a little overbearing if honest. Apart from being at Wolves games and work-related situations I find it very difficult to get involved with anyone on a social level unless I've known them for years, I'm drunk or any combination thereof. We get on well and it's alright in the bedroom department - the thing is it just isn't my cup of tea.

The question is, should I call it a day? And if so, how do I do it without seeming like a complete arsehole?

You have to be true to yourself first. I appreciate it is not as easy as saying" I'm Autistic" , it just doesnt work that way. You have to play it with a real straight bat. You may find the confrontation part difficult. If so try writing down what you want to say as short sentences. Then once you have a short sentence think why you want /need that and what it will mean to you. Write that down as well. You will end up with something like this for example

1. I need to have my own space
Beacause I am autistic it helps keep me calm and allows me to have some control and routine
That means I am in a more positive mood and less stressed which is good for both you and me

You get the idea. I used to do similar with my son who is on the autistic spectrum. His issue was making choices so you had to break it down but asking him to start to question his reasoning really seemed to improve his decision making (ie he would make one based on evidence/ feelings)

Whatever honesty will be the best policy. As another poster says if she understands she is a keeper

Another question. What present do you receive when you post your 5,000th post ??

Just change a vowel and make it a kick in the knickers instead.

Does anyone know if Wolves do party stuff, as in plates, cups, balloons, banners etc ?

Anyone familiar with French plumbing?
As in right and wrongs rather than someone had an issue with a sink or banging pipes...

The owner of our holiday house we were at is with holding our €100 damage deposit because the plumbing system got blocked (actually before we arrived) and on our 1st full day there upon after flushing the toilet following a good crap we were dismayed to hear lots of bubbling and gurgling then watched in horror as the bath filled up with the contents of recently emptied toilet bowl!!

To my knowledge the toilet waste system should never be joined to the domestic waste - sinks and bath etc...

She said we were using toilet paper that was too thick...!
It's our fault so she's witholding the deposit for a further 10 days.

This was the fucking house that was underpowered too!
You mustn't use the dishwasher at the same time as the washing machine or, "...it'll blow the fuses!"
You must not use the washing machine or the dishwasher after 2.30pm or late at night as that when the swimming pool is being heated and, "... it'll cause the fuses to blow!"
and as it's after the 15th May you can't have any heating in the house because the electricity is used to heat the pool, ".. and it'll blow all the fuses so you can't have heating in the house".

The twisted logic here is that if you're cold because the weather isn't hot enough to warm the house (dull and cloudy for 2 weeks before we arrived around 16 to 18') the dark stone interior was tomblike and decidedly chilly, so if you're feeling cold, take your clothes off and get into the fucking pool!

Anyone know about the plumbing or whether she's entitled to hold our damage deposit for this reason?

Final thing... with apologies to Paddy, When I asked her where her accent was from, she reluctantly said, " North Wales... lovely scenery but the people aren't very hospitable!"
Well, she got that right!

Can someone tell me how to change me signiture permissions , please.

Or just tell me how I change it to allow me to use smillies, and colour

Back