• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Advice Thread

Life's too short to be supergluing wine glasses back together. Just use the cristal, brother.

Yeah, I've got some crystal wine tumblers. They came with an order I had from Avery's a few months ago.

Whether you should trust me with crystal is another matter.

Good choice sir. An absolutely wonderful place to lose yourself for an hour.

Aye, I've had two cases from there so far. Very impressed with the pricing and the service.

Yeah, I've got a clay wine tumbler from Greece - its great and very durable if you're cack handed like me.

Good shout man. I'll pencil that in when wider travel is a bit more viable and take the good lady.

Wine tumblers are definitely the way forward, and I say that as a plastic Italian...

Does anyone know how long it takes to fix a hearing aid? My nan said she sent hers off for repair and has heard nothing since...

I hope your Nan isn’t as old as that joke.

on a serious point, my dad needs his ears syringed. He's been moaning about it for a few weeks - appts stopped owing to coronavirus.
It's clear;y really affecting him - he's had to shout/speak very loudly, and he can't hear me when I phone.
He rang up the other day, being under the impression the previous week he'd been told his appt would be 4 to 7 weeks.
When he rang monday to see if he was higher up the list, he found out they had said FORTY SEVEN weeks...

veFjkaX.jpg

my one is serious. 48 week wait for appointments in wolverhampton to have your ears syringed.

my one is serious. 48 week wait for appointments in wolverhampton to have your ears syringed.

Talking to a friend last week - same sort of ludicrous wait down here as well.

LJ if it helps she went and had it done at one of the chemist chain pharmacies (can't remember which one, but I can find out). Payment is involved though I know that not everyone can cover that, but don't think it was an enormous cost.

I saw something on Facebook about a bicarbonate solution to clean out ear wax. Seemed a bit too much like DIY on a budget to be taking it seriously though.

Warm olive oil is another one I seem to remember. Don't know if any of those help you dad LJ

Try him with some ear candles.
#fakenews - they don't work.
Talking to a friend last week - same sort of ludicrous wait down here as well.

LJ if it helps she went and had it done at one of the chemist chain pharmacies (can't remember which one, but I can find out). Payment is involved though I know that not everyone can cover that, but don't think it was an enormous cost.

I saw something on Facebook about a bicarbonate solution to clean out ear wax. Seemed a bit too much like DIY on a budget to be taking it seriously though.

Warm olive oil is another one I seem to remember. Don't know if any of those help you dad LJ
thanks both. had heard the warm olive oil one before.
think he'd booked into specsavers to get it done. £70 i think.

And I do but I only do it once a week, my head wouldn’t take more than one a week. If I’m going to keep the beard I need to keep my head bald and wet shaving every couple of days isn’t really an option. I had £50 worth of Amazon vouchers from work so I’ve ordered one, I’ll give it a try tomorrow as I only wet shaved yesterday.

Back