• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Advice Thread

DW I feel your pain mate! I'm not good with anything mechanical either. Our boiler hasn't been right for a year. I just hoped it'd fix itself over the summer when its less in use!

Couldn't you adjust your thermostat until the heating goes off?

I could. I mean it's not a disaster, it needs to be on most of the time now anyway to at least some level, it's not like it happened in July which really could have been an issue.

But none of this is a long term solution, it does actually need to be fixed.

I could. I mean it's not a disaster, it needs to be on most of the time now anyway to at least some level, it's not like it happened in July which really could have been an issue.

I can send you the number for someone if you want, he fixed are knackered old boiler three times and it cost twenty quid. Up to you mate.

I can send you the number for someone if you want, he fixed are knackered old boiler three times and it cost twenty quid. Up to you mate.
Cheers man.

It all works, it's just literally on or off now.

Do you have any cover like Homecare? It's worth it for £400-odd a year.

Warranty, it's about 20 years old :D

I reckon it's a two minute job. If you know what you're doing. Which I don't.

Warranty, it's about 20 years old :D

I reckon it's a two minute job. If you know what you're doing. Which I don't.
I have found that as I am like you and don't know what I doing with anything mechanical it has always been cheaper in the long run to get hold of someone that does.

If it's 20 yrs old though new parts may be more of an issue

Ok, don't have sky or bt subscription, usually watch Wolves games round my lads. Obviously thats not happening for next 4 weeks. Don't want to sign up fully, so whats my best options (legal) for the next month? Now TV, short term subs? Ppv?

Ok, don't have sky or bt subscription, usually watch Wolves games round my lads. Obviously thats not happening for next 4 weeks. Don't want to sign up fully, so whats my best options (legal) for the next month? Now TV, short term subs? Ppv?
Now tv is a good start, if you don’t already have an account you might get a week or similar free. If you want to watch it on tv you’ll need a now tv stick, or a chromecast with the app on your phone. You can do the same with BT, though it’s overpriced in my opinion.

First job is to see what channels all the Wolves matches are on. I've used a BT one month pass before, but with all the PPV matches on,, I guess you'll be spending £15 at least a couple of times.

Anyone got a ring.com doorbell?

Are they any good and are they easy to install?

Yes to both. Was easy enough, I used the old mains wired doorbell wires to power it - otherwise it would just be mounting it outside.

Back