• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Advice Thread

It sounds like your wife's company is claiming their goods are of Dutch origin under a T1 transit form ( the goods are temporarily passing through the UK and as such are not liable for VAT or duties) Bloody clever but expensive :)
You should walk over the road and offer your services.

They work with loads of EU Nations making their stamps. NL Post is a big customer of theirs.

They are also about to attempt to get into the Bank Note business (not our own money though), so keep an eye for some top level security measures down that end of the Business Park. Armed guards incoming...

They are also about to attempt to get into the Bank Note business (not our own money though), so keep an eye for some top level security measures down that end of the Business Park. Armed guards incoming...
I've seen both Oceans Eleven and Sexy Beast multiple times.

If I don't get some work coming in soon then I may be paying a visit.

You should walk over the road and offer your services.

They work with loads of EU Nations making their stamps. NL Post is a big customer of theirs.

I do pass her place as I park round the back of ours, I do look out for her but never see anyone there, ever ?

I do pass her place as I park round the back of ours, I do look out for her but never see anyone there, ever ?
They all work underground or something...
At the moment the wife is only in her office 2 days a week and the rest is WFH

I'm looking for a fully electric car, 200-250 mile range, big enough for a family of four to take enough crap to go camping for the weekend in.

Any ideas?

My Dad surprised me and got himself a Tesla 3 on a lease, he's retired and does about 2k miles a year so monthlies were fairly good. Car itself he loves (yet to see it or have a go myself yet sue to lockdown) but the experience of Tesla finance was utter crap. It should have been all sorted but they phoned him on the delivery day asking for proof of income and scans of bank documents. Had a right game on something that should have been sorted weeks before. Not sure if quite big enough for a family of 4 with camping gear though unless you get a roof box maybe as the larger Tesla's seem to be really expensive?

The Audi e-tron are stupid expensive from what I've seen. Have you taken a look at the VW ID range? Or for more space the Volvo XC40 electric model?

The Model X should be big enough. That has loads of storage.

Thanks for the advice, unfortunately I don't have £90k to drop on a Tesla X!.

The Kia e-nori looks decent, Ive talked myself out of a hybrid - I can't be fucked with the crap of a petrol engine (clutch, gearbox etc) and one that only gets used intermittently.

I really wanted an electric estate car but I don't think these are being made anytime soon.

Electric cars are a big and long term investment. If you can’t get what you want wait a year or 2, or get one on a lease.

Thanks for the advice, unfortunately I don't have £90k to drop on a Tesla X!.

The Kia e-nori looks decent, Ive talked myself out of a hybrid - I can't be fucked with the crap of a petrol engine (clutch, gearbox etc) and one that only gets used intermittently.

I really wanted an electric estate car but I don't think these are being made anytime soon.
Might want to try the Hyundai Ioniq. Full electric saloon and Estate versions. It’s the same size as the i40.

I've currently got a skoda Octavia estate and trying to find something electric with a similar boot size (640 litres) is proving difficult

Kia Niro - colleague has one and its really good. I want the Audi etron, can't afford it mind.
I'd like one of those Audis! As much chance of me getting the Lamborghini SUV I saw earlier.

Surprising. I don't think I'm going to be do the miles to warrant something like that for a long, long time.

Anyone know anything about VLC Media Player?

When I play something with x265 encoding, it takes about 5-8 seconds to skip forward 10, which is annoying for skipping opening credits, etc.

Looking for an app for my phone that I can track my walking and cycling routes.
Doesn't need to be anything fancy, just distance, time, route....and free of course. Also needs to be simple to use.....I'm new to apps n shit.
Strava?

I used Komoot a bit for plotting some running routes before, never used the tracking feature afterwards though.

Yep strava, can only create routes in advance if you subscribe though

Back