• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The All New Adverts that Grind my Gears

Older people who can't cut up Veg or mix up the ingredients so it is easier to have pre-prepared versions?

We had a dilemma on Sunday, other half wanted to do an attempt at something like a roast dinner with what we had left in the fridge and all was going as well as could be hoped until she tried to make Yorkshire puddings, realised we were out of eggs! She found a recipe for a vegan alternative, ended up being a half way house as we only had real milk but who cares we're not vegan anyway, and they actually turned out alright to be fair, didn't get the typical cup like shape but they rose a bit and had the right sort of taste/consistency.

Seemed a relative triumph, but then she went out yesterday and bought a box of 12 eggs in place of our usual 6 to make sure it wouldn't happen again, said she planned on doing some baking too replacing some of our usual cakes/biscuits that we'd have in the house. Then she found out wasn't a lot of flour left and she hadn't bought any more, slick operation in our house.

Older people who can't cut up Veg or mix up the ingredients so it is easier to have pre-prepared versions?

If they couldn't mix a bit of flour and some eggs I'd be a bit worried about them using an oven!

Have you watched Mary Berry clawing at a batter mix? Scary, and she is supposed to be able to cook a bit.

If they couldn't mix a bit of flour and some eggs I'd be a bit worried about them using an oven!

Well my Mum would be useless at cutting or mixing things up but fine using the Oven to pop a tray of food in

Well my Mum would be useless at cutting or mixing things up but fine using the Oven to pop a tray of food in

Well I'm shit at all of it so she's streets ahead of me.

I caught a bit of James Martin's show on Saturday and he did Yorky Puds. Essentially a fuck load of dripping is what you need and probably half a dairies worth of butter as well

Now Leeds will agree that dripping is an essential I am sure but I use a recipe from Mrs Gordon Ramsay.

Pinch of salt
8 oz flour
2 eggs
Milk until the batter looks about the right thickness on whisking. And trust me you will know - not dissimilar to pancake batter.

Put oil in the bottoms of the yorkie pud moulds and shove in the oven for a few minutes so it gets really hot while the batter is resting. Tray out - batter into moulds which should bubble a lot. Straight back in the oven and watch them rise through the door. Do NOT open the oven door until they look big and fat and have the right colour. Loss of heat to the process = yorkie biscuits which aren't that ace.

Yorkshires are a bit of a pain in the arse tbh. Too much bother if you're eating on your own.

Roasties, no excuse.
Yorkies are a piece of piss.

A couple of minutes to do the mix. Cooking time about 15 minutes. Less faffing than roasties.

Now Leeds will agree that dripping is an essential I am sure but I use a recipe from Mrs Gordon Ramsay.

Pinch of salt
8 oz flour
2 eggs
Milk until the batter looks about the right thickness on whisking. And trust me you will know - not dissimilar to pancake batter.

Put oil in the bottoms of the yorkie pud moulds and shove in the oven for a few minutes so it gets really hot while the batter is resting. Tray out - batter into moulds which should bubble a lot. Straight back in the oven and watch them rise through the door. Do NOT open the oven door until they look big and fat and have the right colour. Loss of heat to the process = yorkie biscuits which aren't that ace.
Three eggs...

Yorkshire pudding tin on the top shelf of the oven (on max) heat until the dripping (or lard if no dripping) 'smokes'. Add the mixture. You'll know if the fat is hot enough as the mix should sizzle as it hits the fat. Fill the moulds. Shut the door and leave for 15 mins on top shelf cooking at max temp.

You definitely need oil or if possible some fat out of the roasting tray. Other than that they are a piece of piss to make.

That's only if you don't have any proper fat.

Never thought my moaning about an advert would turn into masterchef

I love Yorkies, 3 eggs minimum and usually half and half flor and milk, but usually a bit more milk.

Usually use lard as it's more convenient and get the tray smoking hot, then quickly pour and smash back in the oven, making sure theres no chills but reducing the heat gradual to about 180.

Wife got aunt Bessies for my finicky son as they're easier midweek, must say the ready risen ones are like leather but the batter mix ones arent too bad

If there's no meat fat, lard is a good alternative, also lard is absolutely the best thing for frying eggs

Butter is the best thing for frying eggs.

But I use a small amount of rapeseed oil for all frying.

Back