• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The All New Adverts that Grind my Gears

The KFC ads on ITVs World Cup coverage. Surely all those people would just drive to KFC and back rather than run home?

Mydieselclaim.com with the most cynical attempt to cash in on the world cup just by having a woman walk around with a football for absolutely no reason whatsoever.

Mydieselclaim.com with the most cynical attempt to cash in on the world cup just by having a woman walk around with a football for absolutely no reason whatsoever.
Been boiling my piss since it first aired. Absolute bullshit angle

Top tune, original video is truly laughable, cardboard guitars, going past the villa ground on the A38 in a big convertible American car.
I’m off to watch it on YouTube right now

Couple of months back a tv production crew turned up and overnight transformed the local green into a sort of village fete scene. Trucks and chaos all over the shop. Following day get stopped in the car and told I can’t get past to my house because they’re filming - have a little strop and tell them to get fucked, park the motor right where they don’t want it and walk off.

Didn’t know what it was all about at the time but have since seen it online a few times and it’s a cheesy ad for Jackpotjoy. No sign of some bloke arguing with a hi-viz security guard in background though ☹️. That one grinds my gears.

Everyone can download a Just Eat type app though and pay around £3 to get it delivered.
A new Thai restaurant has just opened near me and it's all very green and recyclable and excellent food, on the side of the bag they put the food in there is a statement along the lines of, "Most restaurants that sign up to Deliveroo, Just Eat and other delivery companies, make very little if any profit from food ordered through them. Please access the restaurant's website and order food direct and we'll deliver it!" Something along those lines...
Interesting a Restaurant is lining up against the delivery companies.

Codsall spice gave discounts to regulars that don’t go through the delivery sites. New management now I think so no idea if they still do.

A new Thai restaurant has just opened near me and it's all very green and recyclable and excellent food, on the side of the bag they put the food in there is a statement along the lines of, "Most restaurants that sign up to Deliveroo, Just Eat and other delivery companies, make very little if any profit from food ordered through them. Please access the restaurant's website and order food direct and we'll deliver it!" Something along those lines...
Interesting a Restaurant is lining up against the delivery companies.
We found out during the pandemic that Just Eat and those delivery app companies take between 20 - 30% of the cost of the order from the restaurant, so we only order directly from the restaurants now.

One for @Alan. The Cheetos ad with Peyton Manning and Beckham, toe curlingly bad. Our David has shown himself as available to hire for any cause or embarrassment lately if the price is right.

I don't mind it too much one way or the other, but the whole "soccer v. football" thing is so fucking tired.

Back