• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Banner...

1366x768

What I lack in length, I make up in width...

3 would about put it level with welcome.

There's a rule of thumb in photography that an odd number of objects in a line is more aesthetically pleasing than an even number, so one or three extra might be better than adding two more players.

Duly noted Doog. I'll get onto it as soon as time allows, I can do a little bit of rejigging with the ones already on there and fit three more in easy enough. We'll have another two cups up there too, Emlyn with the League Cup and Ally with the Sherpa Van Trophy.

Is there any chance of making Stan Cullis' jersey a bit brighter? I know its one of the old gold tops but on my monitor its almost a dull brown, whereas the rest look brilliant, especially Steve Bull

Is there any chance of making Stan Cullis' jersey a bit brighter? I know its one of the old gold tops but on my monitor its almost a dull brown, whereas the rest look brilliant, especially Steve Bull

I'll give it a try. It's basically how the original photo reacts to the Colour Overlay procedure. All the other photos were colour in their original format, I had to convert them to Grayscale and then overlay the gold on the shirts. Believe it or not I used exactly the same colour on each player (the colour was lifted from the TWF logo), it was only how the original photo reacted that determined the end result. The Cullis photo (and BW) was black and white originally so reacted differently. But I'll see what I can do certainly.

I agree that one is a bit dark.

Stan lightened up as much as I can without it washing out (looking at the original photo his top was bloody dark anyway), Deano, Emlyn and Ally added.

Pick it apart, I'll work on it until it's perfect.

TWFBlackWhiteGoldLogoLong.jpg

That's fantastic - one thing missing is the Football League trophy! We've got the FA/League Cups.

It pissed me off I couldn't actually get the SVT on the picture, it made Ally look way too small.

That's just about perfect Gav. Top work.

Is everyone in chronological order left to right?

Is everyone in chronological order left to right?

No mate, I tried to split them up intentionally.

EDIT: Why did I actually fall for that?

Last edited:
Stan lightened up as much as I can without it washing out (looking at the original photo his top was bloody dark anyway), Deano, Emlyn and Ally added.

Pick it apart, I'll work on it until it's perfect.

TWFBlackWhiteGoldLogoLong.jpg

Bloody good work Boozad, too bad about Cullis shirt but understand your problem. Put it up there so we can see.. :)

Wow - that looks ace. Forget my previous comment - keep it how it is.

yep, looks perfect on my screen!

Cheers for the inspiration lads. Enjoyed doing that.

Back