• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Cricket Thread

Think he'll be at the top of it, maybe with a number beginning with 2

None currently, but ESPN actually has it on quite often via their streaming service (ditto Aussie football and rugby, actually).

Sometimes a cricket highlight will even make SportsCenter's Top 10 for the day!
20/20 is probably the best for getting into cricket although the purists will hate you for it. Would be better if you could watch it with someone who understands the game for a few games.

Don't think anyone seriously objects to T20, it's been around for 20 years. To declare it to be the best format would be strange but it's perfectly watchable (the way some of the leagues are structured is very poor but that's a different question).

Don't think anyone seriously objects to T20, it's been around for 20 years. To declare it to be the best format would be strange but it's perfectly watchable (the way some of the leagues are structured is very poor but that's a different question).
Bit of a tongue in cheek comment. I do think 20/20 is the most accessible for new spectators.

England ODI bowlers:

J Anderson 269 wickets @ 29.22
D Gough 234 wickets @ 26.29
A Rashid 184 wickets @ 32.41
S Broad 178 wickets @ 30.13
A Flintoff 168 wickets @ 23.61
C Woakes 162 wickets @ 30.13

Woakes should go past Fred in terms of number of wickets before he finishes and maybe Broad (I guess he won't play any after the World Cup) but Fred's average was ridiculous.

Mo is on 101 so DeFreitas (115), Collingwood (111), Bresnan (109), Swann (104) and Finn (102) are within reach.

England win the toss and bat.

Stokes, Woakes and Atkinson out for Brook, Willey and Carse.

No Boult for NZ.

Root still looking like he's batting with a toothpick. I'm sure he'll be ok with more time in the middle but I don't think I've ever seen him so obviously out of form.

Watching Livingstone does make the eyes bleed - little elegance, lots of ugly overswinging and premeditation.

Moeen should bat at 10, just doesn't give a toss about his wicket, slaps it to the fielder for very little in every innings, in every format. He'll probably retire after the WC, but if not then he needs binning. I wouldn't take him at all if it wasn't in the sub continent.

Made me laugh earlier watching SA v Aus for a bit blatant commentary was a SA feed commentary said “this is the first time SA have gone into a WC as not one of the favourites” really you absolutely weren’t in the conversation in 2019 or 2015 at least .

Back