• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The customary 'where will we finish' thread

Where will Wolves finish

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
If we finish outside the top 7 / don’t win anything, then we are going to lose a few players. Obviously depends on how we reinvest will decide if that will set us back or not.

Wow ! Remind me never to ask how full your glass is mate :)

11th or 12th for me, though I think we will go very far in the Europa.

Wow ! Remind me never to ask how full your glass is mate :)

I’m optimistic, I think we will do well this year!

That statement is more based on fact though than optimism/pessimism.

10th but a progression in terms of player development and quality of football.

I think this is the year the top 6 gets truly broken up (minus the top 2, maybe 3 with Spurs). 4-6th could be open to a host of teams including us.

I'm surprised at how many fans are either predicting a or are happy with a 10th place finish. I think we should be aiming for the top 6 as it's there to break in to and our squad is capable of doing it, i also expect us to finish 7th or above no matter how we do in Europe. I think the attitude of our club is to embrace the Europa league and that will help massively rather than looking at it like a distraction.

I'm surprised at how many fans are either predicting a or are happy with a 10th place finish. I think we should be aiming for the top 6 as it's there to break in to and our squad is capable of doing it, i also expect us to finish 7th or above no matter how we do in Europe. I think the attitude of our club is to embrace the Europa league and that will help massively rather than looking at it like a distraction.
Can't speak for anyone else, but I think we drop 2/3 points on Sunday directly because of the Europa League. I am convinced we will drop more points being in it then we would out of it.

I don't think so at all. Plus a draw is a GAIN of one point from the same fixture last season anyway.

Can't speak for anyone else, but I think we drop 2/3 points on Sunday directly because of the Europa League. I am convinced we will drop more points being in it then we would out of it.

Why though?

I would be utterly, utterly amazed if we finished 7th or higher this season.

We massively over-achieved last season, were fortunate not to pick up any bad injuries and were an unknown quantity for many teams which gave us an edge.

I think it will be tougher this year, I think the league will be tougher and I think we will make the Europa league groups, which will have a detrimental impact on our league performance. 8th - 10th for me.

Obviously would be delighted to be proven wrong, and if last season has taught me anything, it is that this Wolves team can prove all doubters wrong.

I don’t get the outside the top half predictions. If we finish 11th we’ve had a bad season. That would mean someone like Bournemouth has finished above us.

Given that we aren't going to be anywhere near relegation I don't mind sacrificing a couple of relatively immaterial league places for a serious European run (who knows how far it will go).

Leicester will be a tough game regardless. Doable but they are a good side.

I'm more worried about them than I am United.

Why though?
Because I assume the entire first team squad are being taken on a 15 hour round trip flight getting back to the UK at around 4am on Friday morning. 7/8 of those who start will then do so at Leicester.

Yes, it'll be a hired plane with comfy seats, but not First Class Dreamliner standard. That is far from ideal preparation against decent opposition who will have spent the whole week at home.

We may have lost anyway - we did last year, but I think the away games in particular are going to have an affect on our league form.

I don’t get the outside the top half predictions. If we finish 11th we’ve had a bad season. That wouldn’t mean someone like Bournemouth has finished above us.

Massively, i don't get the would take 10th and a decent Europa league run either. That gets us absolutely nowhere at all, either we win the Europa league or we need to finish 7th or above again imo and if we don't it could set us back a little. I know we're ahead of where Fosun expected us to be but we have to go with it now and slipping back 3 or 4 places in the league doesn't work unless we do win the EL. It's obviously not as easy as that but we are more than capable and our improving squad will show that i think.

10th and win the League Cup will do...

We had the Leicester part of that

Back