• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Definitive TWF Wolves XI Thread (1970 - present)

Murray
Stowell
Segers (it's not going to count so I'll throw it in as a curveball :) )

The first 17 seconds shows the folly of pick #3... ;)

As for my picks...

Murray
Stowell
Hahnemann

Hennessey was a better GK than Hahnemann but he was a cock so Marcus gets the nod for 3rd spot.

Murray
Hennessey
Hahnemann

After that I think it's Ikeme! :icon_rolleyes:

Ah yeah of course. So Ikeme is at least 5th in a very modern selection.

Murray (I'm convinced if he hadn't been made of glass he'd have been pushing for international call ups)
Stowell
Kendall - as he was a decent human being (not just a cock like Hen, but his subsequent career too)

To be honest, I'd have put Burridge in above Hen (even just for the comedy factor)

I haven't posted for a while but I love reminiscing about the 70s:
Murray
Parkes
Bradshaw

Murray was a rare talent in which it was a tragedy injury curtailed his career.

I've gone for Lofty and Bradshaw as the majority of their careers was in the top flight (not just 1 or 2 seasons). Parkes was inconsistent but IMO still head and shoulders above what I've seen (bar Murray and to a lesser extent Bradshaw) in the last 40 odd years.

Murray Best keeper since Williams and Finlayson
Bradshaw Played majority of games in top division
Parkes As above and also losing it big time and doting half the Albion forwards

Matt Murray - 96
Mike Stowell - 44
Wayne Hennessey - 24
Phil Parkes - 11
Marcus Hahnemann - 9
Paul Bradshaw - 8
Mark Kendall - 7
Tim Flowers - 4
Hans Segers - 1

On to right backs, three picks as before.

Kevin Foley
Sam Ricketts
Kevin Muscat

Foley winning Player of the Year ahead of Kites, SEB, Jarvis etc in 08/09 tells you how good he was (for once it wasn't one of our fiasco votes either, he deserved it). Bloody loved Sam Ricketts too, exactly what we needed at the time (and I maintain he was hard done by in 14/15, especially given who he got dropped for). Don't have any time on a personal level for Muscat and a lot of what he got up to was unacceptable, in his own right though he was a fine full back - not a clogger as many opposition fans would have you believe, he could play.

Kevin Foley
Sam Ricketts
Dominic Iorfa

Someone hilarious will put Big Ron in there though.

Can I just vote for Foley 3 times?

1) Foley
2) Ricketts
3) Rankine....(I of course jest and will pick Iorfa in as his debut season was bloody impressive)

I'll have words if someone does. I'm genuinely undecided whether he was worse than Doherty or not.

I think so. I mean, Zubar actually tried, he was just pathetically bad. With Doherty he could be not as shit if he tried, which is why he had a half decent run of form which won him player of the year.... so on ability ZUBES is the worst right back I have seen play for us I reckon. Bolton away is about as devastated as I have been after a game.

I think so. I mean, Zubar actually tried, he was just pathetically bad. With Doherty he could be not as shit if he tried, which is why he had a half decent run of form which won him player of the year.... so on ability ZUBES is the worst right back I have seen play for us I reckon. Bolton away is about as devastated as I have been after a game.

The red card at home to United is possibly the stupidest thing I've ever seen a Wolves player do, closely beating Ikeme trying to trap a backpass with his shins because he's that kind of cool motherfucker...and it ended well, of course.

To make matters worse our fans decided to applaud Zubar off. Fuck off with that shit.

In terms of pure ability, Darren Simkin is the worst I've seen at RB, but then we signed him from Blakenhall and he cost about 25p, not £2.5m.

I liked Jamie Smith, we absolutely rinsed Palace though when he went there. Muscat was better and they effectively gave him to us for free.

Ryan Green??

Back