• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The F1 Thread

Lewis just looks faster today though, not sure what else they could have done.

New regulations can't come soon enough, they may as well just do it as a time trial like WRC for all the on track action you get. You get a few good moves in the opening laps then it's just tyre conservation and DRS letting you go past people like they're a back marker.

Lewis just looks faster today though, not sure what else they could have done.

going on those tires, for so much longer than anyone else previously had, was a dead strategy to begin with. lewis's pace right after the change showed him catching up by the last lap, then when you take into account max's logical loss of speed through wasted tires and boom lewis winds up catching 8(?) laps before.

obviously lewis putting in lap times like he's in a video game doesn't help, but surely pitting for a new set of tires despite conceding the undercut would've at least allowed max to put up a fight. he was what, 24 seconds ahead at the change?

Last edited:
"So 15 guys and an empty building site construction is not going to be sufficient in order to be competitive in three years with a new power unit"

Toto 😅

going on those tires, for so much longer than anyone else previously had, was a dead strategy to begin with. lewis's pace right after the change showed him catching up by the last lap, then when you take into account max's logical loss of speed through wasted tires and boom lewis winds up catching 8(?) laps before.

obviously lewis putting in lap times like he's in a video game doesn't help, but surely pitting for a new set of tires despite conceding the undercut would've at least allowed max to put up a fight. he was what, 24 seconds ahead at the change?
Red Bull didn't have the extra set of fresh mediums which is why they were hamstrung the moment Merc switched Lewis.

FB_IMG_1620902866021.jpg.c598525296508a1eafbab0b97ec3a271.jpg

He’s going to Keith Moon that Haas into the swimming pool. Harbour has already been done by Fangio.

If he's not either overshot, or ended up in the wall at T1 within 30 mins of P1 I'll be surprised.

He will turn in too early at Rascasse and mangle his front suspension while blocking the entire track.

Red Bull didn't have the extra set of fresh mediums which is why they were hamstrung the moment Merc switched Lewis.

I thought they had a set left that was used lightly in qualifying. That's fair enough I guess, but still a strategic stumble on their part.

Race in Turkey binned. French GP will move to that slot then back to back races in Austria

I quite enjoyed two servings of Austria last year. It’s a decent track for overtaking action.

What an awful race. It really needs to be binned. No-one but the drivers and pundits would care.

Former FIA President Max Mosley has died, age 81

Back