• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The F1 Thread

If it is even half the film that Senna was it will be tremendous. Straight on to the must watch list.
The trailer doesn't seem to look like the style will be the same, but greatly looking forward to it nonetheless. 15th September has been bookmarked

Kimi retiring leaves a place for Bottas to fill when Russell goes to Mercedes….Albon to Williams to replace is what I’ve heard on the rumour mill.

Bottas to Alfa with De Vries and Vandoorne/Albon to Williams is what I'm mainly seeing. Merc will give Val a pay rise to keep him sweet.

Watching a bit of the F3 quali re-run. Zandvoort seems everything I vaguely remember from watching as a kid. Sand dunes, banking, twisty bits, potential for wind to cause havoc.

I think that’s the one big problem with this circuit. It’s massively unforgiving. Going to be a lot of red flags.

I think that’s the one big problem with this circuit. It’s massively unforgiving. Going to be a lot of red flags.
It is what it is. It's hardly like they don't know they have 15/20 mins to set a fast time so... little sympathy. I do find it funny we are talking about it being windy, and the graphic says 13km winds. It's hardly more than a light breeze anywhere else

Also Giovinazzi doing a superb untalked about job today so far.

Enjoyed that Lewis v Max shoot out. Great stuff. I love the circuit. Can’t wait to see how they race on it. Feels a bit like Mugello last year (which I really hope they revisit)

Umm, I was looking forward to this race but just watching the F3 race it looks frigging difficult to overtake on without an incident that disadvantages the person making the attempt. Backmarkers are definitely going to play a part too.

Yeah there won’t be much if any overtaking, track is very narrow with no run off. Unless someone makes a mistake it’ll be as you were after turn 1 I think.

good lord 1.7 lead from max end of lap 1. absolutely battered the mercs through that first corner

Can't understand why Merc didn't gamble on the 3rd stop when the gap was under 1.5s. That was their shot for the win.

And now his tyres are completely shagged anyway - very odd strategic moves from them.

Absolutely fucking ridiculous stuff, Mercedes.

Back