• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The F1 Thread

not sure what's happening at mclaren

Bottas to Alfa confirmed on a multi-year deal.

glad to have the speculation over with, even if it was an open secret at the end there

feel bad for bottas but excited to see what george can do

George confirmed.

Tsunoda and Gasly staying at Alpha Tauri.

Woohoo. If it was in this year's car, I think Lewis would be very worried. I'm really excited and optimistic to see how next year's tech changes impact though, and who gets up to speed quicker than others.

Kubica in for Monza too no surprise, Kimi still out

Now at least we should get some overtaking at Monza. Zandvoort was such a disappointment. I think widening the track in places might help as there are some great corners but you can’t do anything on them.

Reactions: jlo
Hamilton is super rapid in quali. Miles ahead of Max so far. Looking forward to the Monza sprint race to see if it works. Silverstone sprint had some good points, and some less so.

This is perfect for Red Bull that the sprint race is at Monza. Its one of their weakest tracks so it means they'll have a chance of overtaking either of the Mercedes on track to qualify for Sunday rather than having to settle for 3rd or worse.

Bottas is starting from the back on Sunday. New engine. So he will be a blocker on Max in the sprint and let Lewis ride off into the sunset.

Max damn lucky he got a double tow on his first run. He'd be nowhere without that.

Bottas spanner in works. Starting from the back on Sunday but is ahead of Lewis. Can we see him easily yielding? Doubt it.

Bottas spanner in works. Starting from the back on Sunday but is ahead of Lewis. Can we see him easily yielding? Doubt it.
I think there's no point in him holding Lewis up if the sprint race makes no difference to him.

He'll let him squeeze through and then hold up Max as much as possible. Though judging by last weekend it wouldn't be for very long.

Assuming they all get good starts too.

Is it? Was just thinking it’s a boring procession.

Back