• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The FA Cup 2015/16

On the FC United story, if they were that concerned why would they enter the competition in the first place?

Or alternatively, pull out when announced it was on TV.

Seems a bit of a coincidence (I don't believe in them) that they get given a TV game, and then complain about it after the case. Also, why only complain about ticket price now, and if they feel that strongly about the whole £10 ticket, put the whole cost towards fans.

Seems like playing the good guys for the sake of playing good guys

I saw Altrincham play in the third round in 1981 or 1982. Held some team in white very close and they were unlucky to lose to Spurs.

Those of us above a certain age will have seen Wolves play Altrincham in the FA Cup. I think it was 1966/67. It was in the third round at Molineux and Wolves won 5 - 0.

On the FC United story, if they were that concerned why would they enter the competition in the first place?

Seems a bit of a coincidence (I don't believe in them) that they get given a TV game, and then complain about it after the case. Also, why only complain about ticket price now, and if they feel that strongly about the whole £10 ticket, put the whole cost towards fans.

They are notorious throughout the non league pyramid foe this sort of thing.

I'm sure they've turned down the £67,500 each club gets for being on TV in protest too.

There philosophy is that they want football to return to its pre 1992 days, ie only games on Saturday, Sunday, Tuesday and Wednesday and about 1-2 televised games a week.
By all accounts there fans didn't behave particularly well at Sporting Khalsa in the last round.

I work in Didcot and live just on the outskirts, so it's great to see them on BT Sport in the first round proper. Just a shame they're losing 2-0 but the quality difference between the two is scary.

3 - 0 now, but Didcot have nothing to be ashamed of. They have had a great cup run, but Exeter have just had too much quality for them.

Shame. Not a great draw. Hopefully they can get through, but a tough tie.

Round 2 Draw

Aldershot Town or Bradford City v Chesham United
Barnet v Brackley Town or Newport County
Peterborough United v Luton Town
Portsmouth v Accrington Stanley
Northampton Town v Northwich Victoria or Boreham Wood
Exeter City v Port Vale or Maidenhead United
Cambridge United v Doncaster Rovers
Stourbridge v Eastleigh
Grimsby Town v Shrewsbury Town
Yeovil Town v Stevenage
Rochdale v Bury
Welling United v Carlisle United
Leyton Orient v Scunthorpe United
Millwall v Wycombe Wanderers
Colchester United v Altrincham
FC United of Manchester or Chesterfield v Walsall
Sheffield United v Mansfield Town or Oldham Athletic
Salford City v Hartlepool United TV Game no doubt...
Dagenham & Redbridge or Morecambe v Whitehawk
Braintree Town or Oxford United v Forest Green Rovers

If FC United get through against that bellend Saunders a home tie against Walsall awaits. Shove em on Monday night TV again BBC...

If FC United get through against that bellend Saunders a home tie against Walsall awaits. Shove em on Monday night TV again BBC...

BBC will take FC United if they get through.
BT will have Salford, Welling v Carlisle and maybe Oxford (if they get through) v Forest Green Rovers

Grimsby v Shrewsbury is a possible as well, as is the Whitehawk tie

Salford live on the BBC again. Although I enjoyed the Class of 92 program and their first round tie I think that it's wrong for the BBC to pick them. If I was a Welling fan I'd be disgusted.

Daft decision. Their game as always going to be on live but this one should have been on BT

I must admit that I expected the Welling v Carlisle tie to be one of the live games.

I know that Grimsby are out of the football league now but it wouldn't be a huge shock if they beat Shrewsbury. Welling must be furious.

Football focus will be live from Stourbridge!

Grimsby are Conference, Shrewsbury are L1.
Welling are Conference, Carlisle are L2.

Not seeing why picking Grimsby would be a shock.

Back