• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Wolves a Good Carabao LC & FA Cup Run this Season??

Charlton get to the QF...get Man Utd and all set for a TV bonus. Or not

Newcastle v Leicester
Southampton v City
The TV games

They’ll get enough in gate money. Will be a shit game as well.

The others have potential to be good

Probably will be but when more than 1 game is on I do think the lowest team should get some coverage, especially at this stage. (Thankfully Sky ignored my thinking this week)

Plenty of shit games in the Prem shown live so 1 more won't hurt...

Are the TV rights worth anything anyway? I know the prize money is awful compared to the FA cup. Can’t imagine many are queuing up to pay for them to drive the price up.

No clue on that. Might be part of the EFL deal with Sky which was around £600m. So League and the 2 EFL ran cups.

I think my view is also based around players at that level getting their 90 mins of fame and sets up hours of time with people saying we should sign their left winger has he looked good.

Should be a big ticket allocation. Don’t think the Anfield Road construction should affect it
It looks like the initial Liverpool away allocation of 8,300 was quietly reduced to 5,693 (now just the lower Anfield Road tier)

Wonder if the club was worried about being stuck with a few thousand unsold tickets coupled with the rail strikes and stupid kick-off time?

Nasty draw that, we're improving all the time but they're seriously good and they can throw everything at it.

Nasty draw that, we're improving all the time but they're seriously good and they can throw everything at it.
"Bollocks to Brighton... you'd fester down there with all those bloody tories in that blue-rinse retirement home by the sea". I don't care how well they're playing or how much better their entire set up might be. Despite the hard evidence laid in front of me, I will always misguidedly think that we'll wallop them every time we play them as it's simply not a football town.

Name on the cup, woo hoo!!

"Bollocks to Brighton... you'd fester down there with all those bloody tories in that blue-rinse retirement home by the sea". I don't care how well they're playing or how much better their entire set up might be. Despite the hard evidence laid in front of me, I will always misguidedly think that we'll wallop them every time we play them as it's simply not a football town.

Name on the cup, woo hoo!!
Haha, mate of mine, lifelong Wolves fan, 83 years old, cannot get his head round teams like Brighton being good, just shakes his head in bewilderment when the subject comes up🤣

Haha, mate of mine, lifelong Wolves fan, 83 years old, cannot get his head round teams like Brighton being good, just shakes his head in bewilderment when the subject comes up🤣
Good man, quite right! Can just imagine his reaction to the idea of Bournemouth using up a space in the top flight.

I mentioned to Mrs DW last night while flicking between the two games, I cannot get my head around how anyone say, 25 or younger cannot possibly remember Coventry or Sheffield Wednesday being in the Premier League.

I mentioned to Mrs DW last night while flicking between the two games, I cannot get my head around how anyone say, 25 or younger cannot possibly remember Coventry or Sheffield Wednesday being in the Premier League.
Just wait until they think MK Dons have always been that way.

I see selling dendonker to Villa was all part of the plan for our FA cup run.

Back