• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The FA Cup 2015/16

Nearly time for the 3rd round draw. Will Eastleigh get a plum tie? And which poor team will have to face the premier league leaders?

Worse. As bad a draw as I could have from a personal point of view.

5 all PL clashes and a lot of all Champ clashes. Really got to feel for Yeovil being drawn away at Carlisle.

Exeter v Liverpool picked by BBC. Good choice

Tottenham v Leicester - utterly predictable all premier-league drivel.

Exeter v Liverpool picked by BBC. Good choice

Tottenham v Leicester - utterly predictable all premier-league drivel.

Drivel maybe, but it wont be anywhere near as bad as the Wolves - Blues game that got picked for TV a few years back.

Should be a good game I'd have thought.

Tottenham's high energy pressing game against Leicester's lightning counter attacks, could be a good watch.

I agree with you Mark, seeing how Spurs are playing and even if they put out their youngsters, judging by the way they played last night, I think it will be highly entertaining.

7.55pm Friday 8 January
Exeter City v Liverpool – live on BBC 1

12.45pm Saturday 9 January
Wycombe Wanderers v Aston Villa – live on BT Sport 2

5.30pm Saturday 9 January
Manchester United v Sheffield United – live on BT Sport 2

2pm Sunday 10 January
Chelsea v Leyton Orient or Scunthorpe United – live on BT Sport 2

4pm Sunday 10 January
Tottenham Hotspur v Leicester City – live on BBC 1

Read more at http://www.thefa.com/news/the-fa-cu...rd-round-tv-ties-selected#emzbRGbvBXb9OyzR.99

I agree it will probably be a decent game, but is it always necessary to pick a top-flight tie on third round weekend?

What a shocker that BT have picked Man United as well. I am stunned.

The Villa, United and Chelsea games look like they'll be pretty I'm uninspiring viewing. Suppose they'll be hoping for Villa to get turned over but other than that I just expect turgid performances with the big boys progressing.

The FA are looking into scrapping FA cup replays, and playing the cup games in midweek. This could come into force in 2018.

Another blow to what was once the greatest cup of all competitions. And as is often the case, the smaller clubs will lose out. No more lucrative cup replays for them.

I get the replays being scrapped. That was always going to get discussed at some point. What they achieve by playing the ties on a Tuesday I don't know.

If they want to scrap replays then any Premier team should be told that whatever the draw, if they come out against a team from a lower league then they have to play an away tie

I'll be brutally honest the FA Cup bores me, probably due to the fact Wolves have boycotted it for years.
Even with a sustained run I don't think it would have had me as excited as did during our runs in 90's.
I like the fact of ditching the replay but moving it to midweek will do nothing to relight many's enthusiasm.

Back