• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The FFS Burnley 1 Wolves 1 Verdict thread

Then so is cunt which is used constantly on here, including by myself. Words evole from their original meaning.

A nonce is a paedophile

And it, too, should be used less, or not at all.

It was a prison term which has crept into everyday use.

It stands for Not On Normal Communal Exercise and was used by prison officers/prisoners for sexual/vulnerable offenders. It's grown in the mainstream to become a term almost exclusively for paedophiles though.

Yikes. As a word it sounds a bit silly to American ears but it absolutely won't be joining my vocabulary now (not that it was ever likely to, really).

It stands for Not On Normal Communal Exercise and was used by prison officers/prisoners for sexual/vulnerable offenders. It's grown in the mainstream to become a term almost exclusively for paedophiles though.

it is important to have nonce sense...

Have stayed off here whilst I calmed down.

Much the better side without punishing them enough, though it was a superb strike from Raul.

The last few minutes are a nightmare though - the subs individually were not the problem, but drifting back & allowing Burnley the only way they can attack was. Ball nearer the halfway line & they have nothing to offer - near to our penalty area and they sling in crosses then they can get something & we allowed that (Wood should have made us pay a minute or so before the penalty).

As to the penalty then can see both arguments & depends of the Refs line of sight as to how he sees it - once Dean (& I'm no fan of his) had given it then in no way was VAR overturning it. Allowing them the chance was our own fault.

Need to beat CP & hope that Chelsea have secured their CL place so that they can't be arsed in the last game.

Fucking fuck sake, there's no defence for that one and it doesn't get given

You can understand why people think there is a conspiracy
Why is that not given then..because its not trigger happy Dean in the first place? Explain the bloody VAR, what can be done or not..because just seem to be a major issue in the PL too

And it, too, should be used less, or not at all.
I think that's a puritanical viewpoint. If I call Mike Dean a cunt for that penalty decision I am not literally calling him female genitalia. As I said earlier words evolve from their original meaning and that undoubtedly has. Faggot which was your comparable example is only ever used as a homophobic insult, although isn't really a term used here. We have our faggots with peas and gravy

Well Doc not wanting a kick in the face has gone off topic a tad!!

Odd game. We weren't great but Burnley are bastard of a team to break down (except when they play M City). We looked comfy until the 92nd min then lost our way.

Gutting and I never want a 6pm kick off on a Wednesday again. They are fine untll the last fucking minute.

Right, heres to Leicester reacting after their dismal showing and Palace have booked themselves on the same beach as Everton.

They have enough advantages already

I don't like to buy into conspiracy theories, but the City example is fucking shocking.

Having calmed down and seen it again Doherty gave the ref a decision. We know he jumps like that all the time, still not sure if is but as JD says it is in the seen them given category. I don't think it's a foul, I do think it's Mike Dean again looking to be the centre of attention and 90% of the time it's not given

Having calmed down and seen it again Doherty gave the ref a decision. We know he jumps like that all the time, still not sure if is but as JD says it is in the seen them given category. I don't think it's a foul, I do think it's Mike Dean again looking to be the centre of attention and 90% of the time it's not given
Yes

As last minute goals go that's one of the most painful they all are but some are just agonising like tonight. The more I look at it the more I can see why it was given but I still think its at best a toss of the coin as to whether it was or not. The problem was our management of the game in the last few minutes, Doherty is get tight enough to wood for starters and if he was I don't think Wood even tries that overhead kick and the ball probably would be cleared.
Big what if moment tonight if we win Monday and Chelsea lose to Liverpool it'll make all the more painful going into that final game a week on sunday a game I think we'll need something from to get into the Europa League.

Well today I learnt something knew, what nonce stands for. Although I probably won't bring it up out of nowhere in a convo, might look a bit weird, I'll have to wait til someone calls it me

Man of the match Dion Dublin

"Well if I had Traores muscles, I'd have had players bouncing off me left right and centre"

"The defenders need to start showing Traore inside onto his left" *a minute passes* "he's unstoppable, you just cannot defend that"

There's probably way better but they made me laugh

This is bullshit.

Well today I learnt something knew, what nonce stands for. Although I probably won't bring it up out of nowhere in a convo, might look a bit weird, I'll have to wait til someone calls it me

Man of the match Dion Dublin

"Well if I had Traores muscles, I'd have had players bouncing off me left right and centre"

"The defenders need to start showing Traore inside onto his left" *a minute passes* "he's unstoppable, you just cannot defend that"

There's probably way better but they made me laugh

Personal favourite was when he said Traore shouldn't try to get the ball in the middle of the park he should stay out wide. Not a word when Traore drove us forward through the middle for the goal, or on other occasions like the second at Tottenham

This is bullshit.

Any counter argument or just want to chuck insults about? Fwiw and this isn't some form of subtle bragging my I have a degree and Masters are in Criminology and Criminal Justice. I learnt this from my penology lecturer - a prisons researcher who has served an extended amount of time for murder before turning his life around. Obviously the word is no longer used by screws because of its connotations.

Please, tell me more on how you know different. If you can.

Back