• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The FFS Burnley 1 Wolves 1 Verdict thread

Taking the handball out of the equation. Doherty is trying to get there to cover Boly who is ball watching and has let Wood go.

Boly has gone completely AWOL there unfortunately, when the ball comes to Brady to play the ball in behind Jonny it's Boly that's closest to Wood, he gets caught ball watching terribly and Wood just strolls around him in a circle then ends up in acres of space.

Doherty has had an absolute mare on the cover but it should never have been his challenge to make, Boly pays attention and Wood hasn't got the time and space to attempt that bicycle kick.

I'm still quietly seething. Firstly about the fact that we put ourselves in a position that allowed a bad decision to snatch 2 points away from us, but mostly that that referee made that decision. Mike Dean is a joke of a referee and shouldn't be allowed anywhere near professional level football. Anyone with an ounce of common sense can see how the handball occurred and wouldn't give the penalty. 90% of referees of an acceptable standard wouldn't give a penalty. But Mike Dean is Mike Dean and loves to be centre stage. He's a (sorry Alan) cunt.

I'll keep coming back to it - but Boly just looks better on the left, the sooner we finally buy that right side upgrade the better. A back 3 / 5 of Vinagre, Boly, Coady, AN, Jonny will be excellent.

Yeah I thought it was a pretty decent performance. They were very difficult to break down - as mentioned before I think the next step for this team is to get finish games off earlier to ensure we can't be fucked over by fine margins like that penalty decision (which I still think anyone but Mike Dean doesn't give tbh). Fantastic strike by Raul though.

We need Sheffield United to drop points tonight and then it's back in our hands. I had us down for 7 points for these three games so if we beat Palace I think it's still a good return ahead of the Chelsea game.

I'll keep coming back to it - but Boly just looks better on the left, the sooner we finally buy that right side upgrade the better. A back 3 / 5 of Vinagre, Boly, Coady, AN, Jonny will be excellent.

I'm a huge Saiss fan love him but have to say you're right.

Playing Boly on the right is effectively like having one of the best defenders in the league but playing him at 75% every game. Looks so much more comfortable on the left and actually starts a lot more attacking play from that side.

As for the game coverage wow, for starters you can have small periods the game when the commentators don’t speak, the co comms should be heard a lot less than the actually commentator.
This wasn’t a charity match or game of soccer aid, so take it a bit more seriously instead of trying to crack jokes or treating it like a chat down the pub after a few beers.

Take your word for it, but always seemed more of a virulent insult over there. Wouldn’t care less if someone called me a pussy here, whereas over there I’ve seen people get angry / upset.

Not to keep taking this off topic, but I always thought (maybe I'm being naive) that the use of 'pussy' for female genatalia was an American thing that has become adopted over here. The use of pussy in the UK, meaning scared, comes from scaredy cat, and pussy being another name for a cat in the UK! I'm probably being completely naive though as I said.

Not to keep taking this off topic, but I always thought (maybe I'm being naive) that the use of 'pussy' for female genatalia was an American thing that has become adopted over here. The use of pussy in the UK, meaning scared, comes from scaredy cat, and pussy being another name for a cat in the UK! I'm probably being completely naive though as I said.

No, me too.

I'm a huge Saiss fan love him but have to say you're right.

Playing Boly on the right is effectively like having one of the best defenders in the league but playing him at 75% every game. Looks so much more comfortable on the left and actually starts a lot more attacking play from that side.

Yes, we are missing his little runs forward to slip the LWB or LF in.

I think there is an argument that for games where we need more attacking CBs we go for Boly and Donck and when we need to be more defensive then it's Saiss and Boly.

Our system requires our CBs to provide an amount of attacking impetus

Will just say that I find thia a mostly reasonable explanation, if not one I slightly struggle to accept out of hand.

Looking at decisions made this week I think the disallowed Palace goal was grounds to feel cheated not ours. Last night yes it felt a bit harsh but is open to conjecture. The way to view it is gaining neutral respectable view point. Not seen much outrage at all from that view.
Burnley fans will claim we got a very fortunate penalty at the end of the game in August when we deserved nothing from the game.

We were lucky to have the opportunity to equalise in that game for definite but it was a clear penalty I thought. Nothing like this instance.

It's just a shame we let it get that hectic in those last few minutes. Even what Rui did on that cross for the Wood miss - what is he thinking? Very unlike us!

The pen at Molineux was seriously soft.

Sent from my GM1920 using Tapatalk

The thing that is comparable with last night is I don't think VAR gives either, but as both are subjective it's not going to overturn them

He just went straight through the ball of Raul didn't he from the Neves shot? This is without having looked at it since mind.

The thing that is comparable with last night is I don't think VAR gives either, but as both are subjective it's not going to overturn them

Have had a look at it and it's much more of a clear penalty to me but agree with what TT says.

Still fuming.

The number of points we've had taken off us this season due to VAR or crap officiating is just unreal. We do have to be better than this in the last few minutes - it was a great strength of ours before the restart, so are we just seeing regression to the mean?

Back