• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The FIFA Debacle

After all the current sackings, i have to ask who the hell is left at FIFA to run the shop?

A lot of "shutting the stable door" going on right now it seems.

Platini and Blatter have their appeals rejected but their 8 year bans reduced to 6 years

Infantino gets Blatter's job. That is going to fuck off the African and CONCACAF corruption gravy train.

Not sure having Platini's right hand man get the gig will see too much change. Probably be like when Del was banned as a Director and Rodney took over TITs

I wanted it to be Tokyo Sexwale.

Though to be fair, with a name like that he's probably got a future in charge of the UN.

Best name by a mile bit also the worst candidate and Besty friends with Blatter and he didn't think FIFA had anything to sort out with regards to Corruption.

He has one very easy call that he could make to get 95%+ of people on his side immediately, re-open the bidding for the 2022 World Cup. I doubt he will.

He's a "least worst" candidate I suppose.

He's an advocate of nonsense tournaments so I doubt he'll do that, I read something about him the other day that said he was a fan of pushing the Euros to 40 teams and having future World Cups hosted by continents rather than countries.

Not sure Greg Dyke is exactly covering himself in glory today. Crowing about it being a good day and effectively saying "ding dong the witch is dead" is hardly going to make FIFA think fondly about future tournament bids.

I would think this side of the FBI showing the world a completely corrupt process in a way that even the most one-eyed cannot argue with, 2022 is still going to be in the desert.

Dyke said there was little chance of a bid for 2026 as it will go to ConCaCaf, which is fair enough, but there is also no point whatsoever in bidding for 2030 - the centenary is bound to be in Uruguay, with a joint bid either from Argentina or Brazil. We should be getting 2034 though. Christ, I will be old by then!

Thankfully Dyke is taking his big gob and pissing off from the FA soon.

Not sure Greg Dyke is exactly covering himself in glory today. Crowing about it being a good day and effectively saying "ding dong the witch is dead" is hardly going to make FIFA think fondly about future tournament bids.

I would think this side of the FBI showing the world a completely corrupt process in a way that even the most one-eyed cannot argue with, 2022 is still going to be in the desert.

Dyke said there was little chance of a bid for 2026 as it will go to ConCaCaf, which is fair enough, but there is also no point whatsoever in bidding for 2030 - the centenary is bound to be in Uruguay, with a joint bid either from Argentina or Brazil. We should be getting 2034 though. Christ, I will be old by then!

Greg Dyke is a twat, but we knew that already

And you'll be old by 2034 - just think what chance some of us have got!! (though I did have the benefit of 1966)

He's an advocate of nonsense tournaments so I doubt he'll do that, I read something about him the other day that said he was a fan of pushing the Euros to 40 teams and having future World Cups hosted by continents rather than countries.

Yep, he wants World Cups to be like the Euro's they are doing next time around. All over the pissing shop.

Sexwale only real offering was - Put more African teams in the World Cup. That managed to get him no African Federations support, so he rightly decided to take his name away and let people think about the jokes they could have used for the next 4 years.

The only sensible choice they could have made, now let's see some of this new transparency, possible starting with the never seen file from the american lawyer (Garcia?) regarding the Russian and Quatari world cups.

Fifa's ethics committee is investigating the bidding process for the 2006 World Cup, which was held in Germany.

Franz Beckenbauer is also one of six men being investigated by the ethics committee.

Fifa's ethics committee is investigating the bidding process for the 2006 World Cup, which was held in Germany.

Franz Beckenbauer is also one of six men being investigated by the ethics committee.

When are they going to concentrate on investigating the ridiculous Qatar 2022 World Cup before they are stuck with it?

It’s reported that FIFA’s Ethics Committee has dropped the charges against Michel Platini.

The former UEFA President was charged over an alleged “disloyal payment” received from then-FIFA President Sepp Blatter.

Having been suspended by world football’s governing body, the Frenchman was unable to stand for the Presidency of the organisation, with Gianni Infantino eventually winning.

Now ANSA and Sky are reporting that FIFA have dropped the charges against Platini, ahead of a proposed hearing on Friday at Tribunal arbitral du sport [TAS].

The news has not yet been confirmed by FIFA, and it’s not clear if the allegations against Blatter still stand.

Ethics :uhoh2: :icon_mrgreen:

Back