• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Football News Thread 2016/17 - everything not Wolves

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can see all the English clubs going through from that draw

The red button on the bbc had comments as well as the full draw for the champions league last night.
Wednesday, they had comments on some of the draw for the newly named EFL cup, but didn't have the draw.

Seems to be a general consensus that this competition is relatively meaningless if the press don't even have the draw.
(I appreciate it may have been on the website etc, but I frequently don't turn the pc on at home).

Thierry Henry named as Roberto Martinez' assistant for Belgium.

Rui Jorge has called up 4 Benfica players to his latest under-21 squad: Yuri Ribeiro, André Horta, João Carvalho and Gonçalo Guedes. Must be a couple who could do with a season in the West Midlands with Wolves.

Lost his famous left foot in a helicopter accident.
The one that sticks in my mind is the bus explosion that killed off half the team.
Plus how many other characters had the initials RR. Oh, and how many times he/the team was kidnapped and played a game for their freedom!

If they would have just bought Hamish Balfour from Princes Park, they'd have been fine. I can't imagine he'd have resisted the lure of Melchester who would have had plenty of cash to spend.

On Monday afternoon, the news every Marseille fan was waiting for finally arrived.

After years of having Vincent Labrune and Margarita Louis-Dreyfus drag the club down (despite a brief resurgence under Marcelo Bielsa), the club announced Frank McCourt, former owner of the LA Dodgers, would take over towards the end of the year.
The controversial businessman doesn’t have the best reputation in Los Angeles after the baseball franchise filed for bankruptcy in 2011, which led him to then sell it in 2012 for $2bn.
This, however, could have all been Tottenham, according to Challenges in France.
The weekly business magazine claims that in 2014, Frank McCourt was seriously thinking about buying Tottenham, which led to talks with Daniel Levy.

(Un?)fortunately for the London club, the American businessman was put off by the Tottenham chairman’s request of €1bn (£852.2m) to buy the club from ENIC.

http://sportwitness.co.uk/tottenham-takeover-talks-daniel-levy-revealed-spurs-valued-e1bn/

Lopetegui has managed to nab Aymeric Laporte for Spain.

Good work Deschamps.

Man City boss Pep Guardiola has left Yaya Toure out of his 2016-17 Champions League squad.

I am not surprised that Aguerro has been suspended for three games, though I am surprised he appealed against the charge. It was clear he swung the elbow, though Reid did make the most of it.

I am not surprised that Aguerro has been suspended for three games, though I am surprised he appealed against the charge. It was clear he swung the elbow, though Reid did make the most of it.
City were going with they believed the ref saw the incident at the time line.

on another note fucking irritating how easily USA can qualify for the WQ every time, fuming...so unfair compared to sweden for example

on another note $#@!ing irritating how easily USA can qualify for the WQ every time, fuming...so unfair compared to sweden for example
I'd like to see European teams have meaningful games in Central America. Beating the likes of Honduras or Costa Rica at their own stadium is no easy task.

At any rate, there's a lot of talk over here about CONMEBOL's current structure and one of the options on the table is a merger of CONCACAF and CONMEBOL. Such a move would probably take care of the "ease" with which the US and Mexico qualify.

City were going with they believed the ref saw the incident at the time line.
I see Mark Fuckwit Halsey has said today he was told to say he hadn't seen incidents during games even if he had (although that could be due to him being a useless cunt rather than some FA corruption)

Doesn't surprise me, he saw fuck all when reffing us in the PL

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back