• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Football News Thread 2016/17 - everything not Wolves

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deutsch Wolf

aka Dawn
Reaction score
New fixtures = new threads.

This is too good to lose as the last post on last season's thread.

St Pauli sign new player....Manager can't be there for the Photo's...so they do this

Ck_KVbBWEAAmFHQ.jpg:large

:icon_lol::icon_lol::icon_lol:

Beats Wolves and the Photoshopping of the Team Pic a few seasons back

Gary Neville back on Monday Night Football.

No idea who is hosting it as Ed Chamberlain is leaving Sky to work for ITV and head their Horse Racing coverage (although that doesn't start until 1st January)

Celtic will face a trip to either Estonian side Flora Tallinn or Lincoln of Gibraltar in the Champions League second qualifying round. TNS face Tre Penne of San Marino and Irish Premiership champions Crusaders were drawn against FC Copenhagen.

Leicester announce a deal for a new 4 year contract for Vardy (although not signed yet and won't be until he returns from the Euros)

Leicester announce a deal for a new 4 year contract for Vardy (although not signed yet and won't be until he returns from the Euros)

Fleetwood are the losers. They were in for a big pay day if Vardy had left Leicester.

I'm sure Leicester are devastated at Fleetwood's loss.

It might just make Kante and Mahrez hang around as well.

Fair play Vardy. And I bet that new Leicester deal rather inflates the buy-out clause so Arsenal can't try again.

Leicester have made Vardy their highest paid player, other star players may want similar deals.

Petrov has re-joined Villa for pre-season training.

Their budget has just gone up ten-fold. They can easily afford it

Money was not a problem prior to last season, but now they can compete with most other clubs in the transfer market. Though I think offering £30m for Deeley is just silly.

I mean with regard to the other players wanting similar contracts.

Mahrez - I want 100 grand a week too

LCFC - no problem here you go.

Money was not a problem prior to last season, but now they can compete with most other clubs in the transfer market. Though I think offering £30m for Deeley is just silly.

200_s.gif

I mean she's good but not sure on her football ability...

Lionel Messi has announced that he plans to retire from international football.

Missed a penalty in the shootout of the Centenario final against Chile (which Argentina then lost).
My thinking right now and thinking about it in the locker room, I'm done playing with the national team. I tried my hardest. It's been four finals and I was not able to win. I tried everything possible; it hurts me more than anyone, but it is evident that this is not for me. I want more than anyone to win a title with the national team, but unfortunately it did not happen.

Possibly just heat of the moment stuff, but you must say that players rarely go that far and renege.

Messi is only 29. I would have thought that he has many more years ahead. It seems strange to retire from international football so young

Messi is only 29. I would have thought that he has many more years ahead. It seems strange to retire from international football so young

Frustration and emotion speaking.

I will be surprised if he does actually retire

Pele retired at a younger age then returned aged 30 for the 1970 World Cup. Pressure takes its toll on giants of the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back