• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Football News Thread 2016/17 - everything not Wolves

Status
Not open for further replies.
59a54c3faa677de8c285ef328fa7de68.jpeg

Pete O'Rourke has just tweeted that the FA are to approve retrospective bans for diving/feigning injury from next season.

Long overdue and a very good move if it happens.

Excellent. I hope they follow it through and enforce it liberally if it gets the go ahead.

agreed, a good move forward

Forest takeover has gone through. Never a great sign when the first thing your new owner has to do is deny that he's behind match fixing and various other criminal offences.

I mean he's not Fawaz which is something I suppose, but it's like when we swapped Zubar for Doherty at RB.

Retroactive diving bans will only be considered if the dive leads to a penalty or a dismissal (either straight red or second yellow).

http://bbc.co.uk/sport/football/39962886

A step in the right direction but would have liked all instances to be considered, as I believe is the case in Scotland.

They won't be able to prove it which is a joke.

Remember the Eduardo one for Arsenal against Celtic? Blatant dive but he appealed and got away with it

Danny Hylton of Luton showing exactly why retrospective action needs taking

All down to the final day for HSV. If they beat Wolfsburg at home next week then they stay up. Anything else and they finish 16th and it's the playoff yet again (will be Braunschweig or Hannover I'd think).

Ingolstadt are definitely down automatically after today's results.

Yet another last gasp escape, 88th minute winner from Luca Waldschmidt pushes Wolfsburg into 16th place.

Yet another last gasp escape, 88th minute winner from Luca Waldschmidt pushes Wolfsburg into 16th place.

Incredible scenes. Just saw the goal, absolutely mental. How do they do it every year?

Just caught up on the final day in the French 2nd division as well, 6 teams had it all to play for and Amiens scored in the last minute to go from 6th to 2nd and get promoted.

Great scenes for Lahm and Xabi's final appearance today. I won't see many, if any, better than them in their respective positions. Legends.

Watching Xabi in the 2010 World Cup made me fall in love with the game. Or at least intend to give it a chance outside of the international arena.

Sad day for me personally. Love him.

One of my all time favourite players. Effortless brilliance.

Never thought I'd see a better right back than Zanetti. Lahm turned out to be at least his equal.

Big fan of Xabi too but I wouldn't have him right in the "best in his position in the world" class, at any stage of his career.

Who would you out ahead of him?

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back