• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Football News Thread 2020/21

Status
Not open for further replies.
We wrote down a load of our players' values when we went down to L1 - obviously not due to Covid, but because we were exempt from any sanctions in our first year down there so do it all in one hit as a paper loss.

Cool. Can we write off the £35m for Silva as Covid related?

Selling their Stadium I see. I presume the new owner will be the current owner of Stoke City

Probably be Denise Coates buying off her dad. She could buy the Brittania for about three weeks pay.

By all accounts she's got no interest in the club at all (mind you like you say, money is irrelevant to her).

Now there's a club that have made some absolute howlers in the market. We broke them when we beat them in the cup under Lambert, they've been terrible ever since. They keep buying loads of our ex-players as well.

I honestly don’t think Stoke will ever be back up this side of a change of ownership and direction.

Good. They were an absolute stain on top flight football, their ground is cold and about as welcoming as Alcatraz.

Pretty sure Alcatraz had better toilets than the ones in that away end. Designed to accommodate about three people at a time in a stand that holds around 5,000, good thinking.

I fucking hate Stoke City. Not quite Albion levels, but definitely level with the Bluenoses, who are a remarkably similar anti football stain with similar prospects of a return to being the oozing spot on the arse of the Premier League for 38 games only before being jettisoned to the shit heap below that fans of all relegated teams pretend is ace. Briefly.

Pretty sure Alcatraz had better toilets than the ones in that away end. Designed to accommodate about three people at a time in a stand that holds around 5,000, good thinking.
There is a reason why I drove back at over 120 to get to a pub back here in about 15 minutes. No way was I taking a shit there. I have seen better bogs on day five of a festival in 35 degree heat.

Wasn't the only option for a pint basically their equivalent of Aldersley? I think we just left it alone in the end and went straight in.

It looked rough as a badgers arse so we binned it off and went into the ground early. Which was like the Burj Al Arab compared to that place.

Closest pub to the ground is a Harvester I think…

Great to see all the disdain for the Clayheads :)

Closest pub to the ground is a Harvester I think…

Great to see all the disdain for the Clayheads :)
We could see that from where we were "advised" to go by our friends in blue but as I say, it looked like the set of the Brittas Empire and I'm not sure we were allowed in the Harvester for a corn on the cob that day. Nah, you're alright mate.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back