• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Football News Thread 2020/21

Status
Not open for further replies.
the irony being that the three players they've lost to German clubs (Sancho, Matondo, Gittens) they poached from Watford, Cardiff, Reading at 14 I believe...

Watford got £66k for Sancho, it's an absolute scandal.

the irony being that the three players they've lost to German clubs (Sancho, Matondo, Gittens) they poached from Watford, Cardiff, Reading at 14 I believe...
My issue with City, call it a back handed compliment if you like is I hold them to a higher standard than the other 5 in the big 6. Chelsea are barrow boys who have made it good and the rest have always been at the top table even in years when that's not been the case on the pitch. 30+ years ago there was a big 5. Utd, Liverpool, Spurs, Everton and Arsenal. City always felt like Wolves, a big club in theory who found ways to self destruct with a loyal fan base who understood who they were and where they were at. I didn't begrudge them their money or their success, I do them disparaging the pyramid.

Watford got £66k for Sancho, it's an absolute scandal.

Totally.

I'm in a similar predicament where our players get to around that age and just got taken by the Category 1 clubs for those type of fees. Disheartening!

That said, I do remind myself that they are children - so talking about any fees for them is pretty absurd.

That has instantly become my favourite ever Twitter thread.

Chris Wilder manager of Sheff Wed.

Villa with no Grealish (which presumably means he is at Blues..)

Well, we are going to be above Villa (57th), which won't go down well with certain social media types. Expect accusations of falsifyng birth records just to spite them.

Stears isn't really from Wolves, is he?

He was born here but then I was born in Wellington, and I'm no Salopian.

Stears isn't really from Wolves, is he?

He was born here but then I was born in Wellington, and I'm no Salopian.
Wiki has him down as being born in Wolvo - but that's obviously not always accurate.

Batth was Brierley Hill so depends on proximity to West Bum.

Mark Davies was Willenhall.

Yeah, I know he was born here but he grew up in Leicestershire IIRC.

Terry Butcher was born in Singapore but I wouldn't be asking about his intimate knowledge of Asian cuisine.

Yeah, I know he was born here but he grew up in Leicestershire IIRC.

Terry Butcher was born in Singapore but I wouldn't be asking about his intimate knowledge of Asian cuisine.
The simulation is being done on Birthplace, thus why...

It's always going to fall down then, as hospitals aren't always based that near where people live...

Plus again just for me, I spent most of my childhood in New Invention which is in Walsall but is overwhelmingly a Wolves-supporting area.

It's always going to fall down then, as hospitals aren't always based that near where people live...

Plus again just for me, I spent most of my childhood in New Invention which is in Walsall but is overwhelmingly a Wolves-supporting area.

As the author says it's football teams with players playing for the clubs nearest to where they were born, it's not on who they support. Else things like Wilder being manager of Wednesday and Grealish likely playing for Blues wouldn't be happening.

Didn't realise it would stir anyone up so much :icon_confused:

tenor.gif

O'Driscoll! That was who i was thinking of that i couldn't remember the name of.

Allardyce is a good shout. Didn't know about Horton!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back