• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Football News Thread 2020/21

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can't stand Real or Barça, personally, but Barça especially.

Weird how Giggs’ name is everywhere, but people stalk can’t name Mark Fr that MP.

All 'non elite' football to be suspended in line with the lockdown starting this week. (Steps 3 down).

FA saying they aim to finish those seasons but if this lockdown ends up going on longer or there's anymore next year clubs are going to start to struggle to complete those fixtures.

Not surprised but quite sad in the absence of Wolves I'd started getting my football fix watching Bilston Town this season they were doing well and I was looking forward to a local derby against Darlaston in a couple of weeks!

Garth Crooks here putting Jordan Henderson in his Team of the Week and then instead of saying how good he was he did this

El5mjKJW0AQdG8V.jpg

Percy is reporting that Bilic could be gone if they lose on Sunday..Obviously ridiculous given their spend, but feels like the final hurrah for Fat Dudley Sam to me

Danny Ings has had knee surgery and will mis the next 4-6 weeks. Means he wont be available for the game vs Wolves which is excellent news.

Danny Ings has had knee surgery and will mis the next 4-6 weeks. Means he wont be available for the game vs Wolves which is excellent news.
Apart from Shane Long will play and he always scores against us!

Is that how it’s done Cyber? 😉

Percy is reporting that Bilic could be gone if they lose on Sunday..Obviously ridiculous given their spend, but feels like the final hurrah for Fat Dudley Sam to me
Doubt it he’ll only go somewhere if they’ve got a reasonable chance of staying up

Deal agreed to sell Derby. Exciting times for them! In trouble this year though, they may need to splurge in Jan else their Sheikh will have a League One team.

Bill McCai posted this elsewhere, from a Newcastle fan:

Hi all. You’ll be able to tell from my username where I’m coming from. I saw the ‘takeover’ talk of Derby via an NUFC link - just thought you might like a perspective from a club who the Bin Zayed Group ‘tried’ to buy previously. Hopefully you will all take this in the spirit in which it is meant - it’s a shame to see these chancers being linked to a ‘proper’ club like DCFC. If the East Midlands press is as poo as the North East, chances are they’ll not report this.

I’ll get this out of the way straight away; you won’t be taken over by this lot. They’re potless. They’re after the publicity. The bloke in charge of the organisation simply has a very similar name to the actual crown prince of Abu Dhabi. It would be like a bloke called Charles Windsor being mistaken for Prince Charles. He isn’t the ‘cousin’ of the Man City owner - he’s some sort of distant relative (plenty of them in that neck of the woods). The fact that the BZG did nothing to disabuse anyone of the fact that the press routinely mix their chairman up with the crown prince of Abu Dhabi says everything - he’s a con man. He works out of a pokey office in Dubai. He’s not a rich scion of the royal family. The man is called Sheikh Khaled bin Zayed al-Nahyan (note he doesn’t use ‘HH’ before his name - the equivalent of ‘HRH’) - he is NOT HH Sheikh Mohammed bin Zayed bin Sultan Al Nahyan, who is the man who is crown prince (and who the papers kept confusing with), nor is he HH Khalid bin Mohammed bin Zayed Al Nahyan, who is a member of the royal family. The lazy bar stewards in the North East kept running this story well past the point that these jokers were exposed.

When they ‘bid’ for Newcastle in 2019, we had Liverpool supporters telling us they were tyre-kickers. They were right. They had contacted Mike Ashley, who told them the price - they then put out that they had ‘agreed’ the purchase of the club. For about six weeks the papers waited for them to show proof of funds (a knacker called Midhat was the PR man - watch out for his ********). The proof of funds never materialised - because they’re potless.

Hopefully no-one here is confused with the current takeover lot at Newcastle - that is actually the Saudi state (legal stuff is happening re that at present). It certainly isn’t that lot.

Just a heads-up that it is a waste of time to even think about this chancer buying the club - he hasn’t the cash. Unfortunately, they took in a lot of our support with their ******** - helped by the uselessness of the football press. Please don’t waste your time thinking about what will happen under them - this is as far as it will ever get.

With that, all the best for the coming season. I hope it will be understood that this post was not meant with any animosity - I’ve no negative feelings re Derby (after all, they play in the correct colours and have a dislike of Forest - both sensible & good things). Derby is a grand old club, and it irritates me seeing this bunch of chancers being linked with another historic English club.

edit: I’ve just seen that they gave Ashley a £30m deposit. No they didn’t - that was the Saudis. The Bin Zayed Group didn’t even get past the ‘proof of funds’ stage. Don’t mix up the Saudi PIF and this lot.

Greg Clarke is on a resignation drive today. In the same piece to MPs he's used the phrase coloured, called being gay a lifestyle choice and said girls playing football don't like the ball being kicked at them. All three probably hamfisted rather than deliberate, but someone in his role needs to be better

123999847_1338118676519671_1404402226416655791_n.jpg

Ok, what's going on here?

- Where are they?
- What is going on with Shearer's boots, and why is he wearing a watch?
- Also, poor Al has a bad back it seems, why?
- Is he breaking Kane's wrist?
- Size of Rooney's head
- Size of Rooney's hand
- Why is Andy Cole a statue?
- How come Agüero (I think it's him) has had a makeover to look like Juan Sebastian Veron?
- Why is Lampard (again, I think) four miles behind everyone else?
- Do they think that we wouldn't notice the suspicious lack of one Monsieur T Henry?

Someone took the time to make that, look at it and publish it for global consumption.

Greg Clarke gone. Hardly a shock after possibly the biggest gaffe in history detailed by Tony above. Quite impressive to offend everyone

123999847_1338118676519671_1404402226416655791_n.jpg

Ok, what's going on here?

- Where are they?
- What is going on with Shearer's boots, and why is he wearing a watch?
- Also, poor Al has a bad back it seems, why?
- Is he breaking Kane's wrist?
- Size of Rooney's head
- Size of Rooney's hand
- Why is Andy Cole a statue?
- How come Agüero (I think it's him) has had a makeover to look like Juan Sebastian Veron?
- Why is Lampard (again, I think) four miles behind everyone else?
- Do they think that we wouldn't notice the suspicious lack of one Monsieur T Henry?

Someone took the time to make that, look at it and publish it for global consumption.
I'd have never realised that was aguero.
also, why is rooneys head 2 dimensional? makes him look like a cardboard cut out.

I'd have never realised that was aguero.
also, why is rooneys head 2 dimensional? makes him look like a cardboard cut out.
I assume Andy (Andrew) Cole is too far back to see in colour ?

bizarre

The ire at Shearer's boots needs to be redirected at Umbro's design department, they're actually one of the more accurate parts of the piece!1605040189276.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back