• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Football News Thread 2020/21

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just aren’t the Klopp interview...

They keep moaning about the Wednesday - 12:30 Saturday slot. How is this any different to us last year playing Thursday - Sunday and from memory the games were normally 2pm unless on the late Sky slot.

He also wants the 5 subs as he needed to give Robertson a rest. Robertson didn’t even start in midweek...

I don’t know if 5 subs would make much difference to us. Rauls not coming off so Silva would have to replace someone else and most of our other depth is Defenders and DMs.

Just aren’t the Klopp interview...

They keep moaning about the Wednesday - 12:30 Saturday slot. How is this any different to us last year playing Thursday - Sunday and from memory the games were normally 2pm unless on the late Sky slot.

He also wants the 5 subs as he needed to give Robertson a rest. Robertson didn’t even start in midweek...

I don’t know if 5 subs would make much difference to us. Rauls not coming off so Silva would have to replace someone else and most of our other depth is Defenders and DMs.
This was Klopp deflecting from Potter having far better tactics in the first half and that Liverpool have been appalling defensively this season (even before VVD's injury).

I'm not saying there isn't a discussion needed on player welfare and times between games though

Given their schedule is Wed-Sat-Tue, a few hours on a Sat won't make any difference. It'll just give them less time to recover for the CL match on Tue.

Sunderland being taken over again.

[URL
Sunderland being taken over again.

Apparently the David Brent character from the documentary is involved

Newcastle v Villa looks like it will be postponed due to Covid. Looks like more than 5 players have tested positive

Newcastle v Villa looks like it will be postponed due to Covid. Looks like more than 5 players have tested positive
Haven’t the Premier League stated that as long as you have 14 players (11 plus 3 subs) the match can be played? Also, how many players do Newcastle have in their Premier squad plus U23’s, U21’s?

I don’t think they ever officially said anything, apparently any case for postponement will be heard by the PL so it’s on a case by case. Will be a farce if they have to play without any goalkeepers available or something.

Haven’t the Premier League stated that as long as you have 14 players (11 plus 3 subs) the match can be played? Also, how many players do Newcastle have in their Premier squad plus U23’s, U21’s?
I thought that was the case too, not sure on what official grounds they have postponed this game.

I thought that was the case too, not sure on what official grounds they have postponed this game.
This is the case but I'm assuming there's an extraordinary process as we're dealing with a global pandemic. High volume of players infected would then risk Villa being infected and so on

This is the case but I'm assuming there's an extraordinary process as we're dealing with a global pandemic. High volume of players infected would then risk Villa being infected and so on
Yep fully understand that, i just think there should be a number at which it triggers a postponement, if they just do it based or 4 or 5 players testing positive then it is open to abuse.

Yep fully understand that, i just think there should be a number at which it triggers a postponement, if they just do it based or 4 or 5 players testing positive then it is open to abuse.
The rumour mill is they've had at least 10 positive cases (the rumour mill also says Steve Agnew rocked up whilst displaying symptoms but this is completely unconfirmed).

I agree though, there should be some clarity on how many covid cases should cause a postponement.

You have to factor in any staff that have it as that affects their ability to prepare for the game.

"In the Premier League, the number of overseas U21 players a club can sign will be limited to three in the January transfer window and six per season moving forwards."

Well that's us fucked then...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back