• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Football News Thread 2020/21

Status
Not open for further replies.
Clubs from Level 7 down (below National Leagues North & South) can have some fans in to watch games

Nothing wrong with it. We could coast through the group stage of that much like United coast through the group stage of the europa league. Then might have to take it seriously in the QF onwards as I guess you could draw a team who finished 7th in Spain/Italy/Germany. Beyond the handful of those sides though the next toughest opponents are going to be 3rd place EL teams who might be OK.

I assume this vastly reduces the volume of EL qualifying and also reduces the amount of groups/rounds as less teams will be in it.

Nothing wrong with it. We could coast through the group stage of that much like United coast through the group stage of the europa league. Then might have to take it seriously in the QF onwards as I guess you could draw a team who finished 7th in Spain/Italy/Germany. Beyond the handful of those sides though the next toughest opponents are going to be 3rd place EL teams who might be OK.

I assume this vastly reduces the volume of EL qualifying and also reduces the amount of groups/rounds as less teams will be in it.

Think the quali rounds just lose premlimary round an retain 1, 2, 3 and Play Offs. It will reduce the amount of groups and then remove 1 knock out stage. It will essentially mirror the Champions League in numbers and format.

Clubs from Level 7 down (below National Leagues North & South) can have some fans in to watch games

There is a call for all non league teams to be allowed some fans. Small numbers anyway and mostly local, so makes sense. Will struggle to survive otherwise without any gate.

Harry Maguire has been arrested and lead away in handcuffs following a row with English tourists in Mykonos

I hope for their sake he didn't drop the nut on them

If I was an England & Man Utd player id choose another Greek Island over mykonos especially if your brushing shoulders with drunk british tourists. Personally id find a nice hotel on Kefalonia, lesbos or Santorini.

Juve have agreed to terminate contract if Higuain and khedira (bet we are linked with him now) - that’s quite a financial hit!

Juve have agreed to terminate contract if Higuain and khedira (bet we are linked with him now) - that’s quite a financial hit!
Matuidi gone too.

I've been a fan of Higuain throughout his career, but the deal to take him there was obscene.

Harry Maguire has been arrested and lead away in handcuffs following a row with English tourists in Mykonos

Being reported now that he went after a Greek law enforcement officer.

Fuck me, I didn't know I needed another reason to dislike Reading
https://twitter.com/AlexMiller91/status/1297058133416849409?s=09

:icon_lol: :icon_lol: :icon_lol:

Fucking horrific - they finished 14th in the Championship ffs!

She's like some bird with no interest in football trying to impress some bloke she fancies who happens to support Reading and she comes up with this pap! Reminds me of that American Wolves 'fan' from a few years back singing a song about a wolfman

Here's the full version with a Jon Barnes style rap in the middle:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_rp3toJ9cAQ

On the plus side, she is quite fit though!

Maguire charged with aggravated assault, resisting arrest and repeated attempts of bribery.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back