• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Football News Thread 2020/21

Status
Not open for further replies.
21 month prison sentence. Suspended.

Manchester United announce there will be an appeal. Southgate simply has to pull him out of the England squad over this.

Suspended sentence. Waste of everyone’s time then.

Man Utd will get their expensive lawyers together and all charges will be dropped on appeal so may as well have saved everyone the hassle and made him not guilty in the first place if a guilty verdict is literally pointless anyway

21 month prison sentence. Suspended.

Manchester United announce there will be an appeal. Southgate simply has to pull him out of the England squad over this.
So as long as he doesn't assault and bribe anyone in Greece where he'll never go again he's fine

Suspended sentence. Waste of everyone’s time then.

Man Utd will get their expensive lawyers together and all charges will be dropped on appeal so may as well have saved everyone the hassle and made him not guilty in the first place if a guilty verdict is literally pointless anyway

He can never join them on pre season jaunts to the US. Won’t get a visa now. Also if they draw Olympiacos I doubt he will be welcome in Greece again.

He will be fine in the US when the charges are dropped surely. And Greece will have no power to stop him either?

Charges won’t be dropped. He’s been convicted. If the appeal is unsuccessful that’s it. Same reason why El Tel couldn’t go there.

And if he wants to come back in to Greece he has to pay a load of money to clear the suspended jail term.

Charges won’t be dropped. He’s been convicted. If the appeal is unsuccessful that’s it. Same reason why El Tel couldn’t go there.

I reckon they will be dropped on appeal. Sounds like he’s been stitched up and good lawyers get people off anything. Countless appeals get overturned even when the evidence seems damning!

I remember HMRC somehow screwing up the case against Redknapp. Should have been impossible.

He put a fucking bank account in his dog's name.

I reckon they will be dropped on appeal. Sounds like he’s been stitched up and good lawyers get people off anything. Countless appeals get overturned even when the evidence seems damning!

Good lawyers don't get people of anything, good lawyers spot holes and inconsistent evidence

Charges cannot be dropped by appeal. They can be overturned which is totally different legally. Dropped means they never existed. Overturned is more murky.

Charges cannot be dropped by appeal. They can be overturned which is totally different legally. Dropped means they never existed. Overturned is more murky.

Dropped, overturned, whatever. End result = not guilty.

Yeah okay right. Dropped is totally different. It’s also impossible now as a case has occurred. Anyway you carry on

Yeah okay right. Dropped is totally different. It’s also impossible now as a case has occurred. Anyway you carry on

I’m just trying to say, the lawyers “will make it go away”. Whatever the technical term is I don’t know. To the average joe/the world he will become “not guilty” if the appeal is successful which I fully expect it to be.

No-one's going to care in a few weeks anyway. Tony Adams captained England after he was jailed for drink driving.

No-one's going to care in a few weeks anyway. Tony Adams captained England after he was jailed for drink driving.

Don’t think anyone really cares now. Other than the “he’s a disgrace” “strip of the captaincy” “embarrassment to English football” “should be sacked” brigade. Who don’t actually know the facts but just don’t like Maguire/ Man Utd so take the standpoint.

It's a sad indictment of our dearth of quality at that position that Maguire gets a game. 15 years ago he wouldn't have made the squad.

Cyclical isn't it.

Not so long ago we had zero wingers so SWP and Downing were getting games. Now we've got too many.

Don’t think anyone really cares now. Other than the “he’s a disgrace” “strip of the captaincy” “embarrassment to English football” “should be sacked” brigade. Who don’t actually know the facts but just don’t like Maguire/ Man Utd so take the standpoint.

This is so frustrating, many seem to think he's guilty because he's Harry Maguire. The court case reads like a farce, two hours to prepare a defence is ridiculous

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back