• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Football News Thread 2020/21

Status
Not open for further replies.
Listening to the police on the radio and they seem to be pointing some of the blame in the lack of action on racism towards players on to the Football and Premier League. Seems a massive stretch really, they’d be much better if directing their anger at social media companies or the originators.

Listening to the police on the radio and they seem to be pointing some of the blame in the lack of action on racism towards players on to the Football and Premier League. Seems a massive stretch really, they’d be much better if directing their anger at social media companies or the originators.

Ridiculous.

There's enough good people in grounds now so that although it rarely happens, when it does its pointed out to the stewards etc and is dealt with.

How much of the online abuse actually comes from UK accounts? PVA was the last one I believe so presumably from a United fan, so a decent chance they weren't British i'd suggest.

Make everyone on social media traceable when they sign up. Username can still give you anominity if you like, but a credit card, driving license, passport number etc is needed to register

Make them take it down quicker too - they were also saying Twitter are pretty fast at responding, but Facebook/Insta will often do nothing.

Make everyone on social media traceable when they sign up. Username can still give you anominity if you like, but a credit card, driving license, passport number etc is needed to register

This is what should happen, but it would kill them commercially. Their income stream is reliant on dizzying numbers of active users, so those people that have multiple accounts for nefarious reasons are actually helping them become more profitable - it's simply not commercially viable for them to enforce this, despite the clear and obvious good it would do if there was clear traceability

This is what should happen, but it would kill them commercially. Their income stream is reliant on dizzying numbers of active users, so those people that have multiple accounts for nefarious reasons are actually helping them become more profitable - it's simply not commercially viable for them to enforce this, despite the clear and obvious good it would do if there was clear traceability
I don't see a problem with a user having multiple accounts, still makes the account traceable.

"New from meeting of football's lawmakers IFAB: "Accidental handball that leads to a team-mate scoring a goal or having a goal-scoring opportunity will no longer be considered an offence."

Love how this season rules are just changed.

If Fulham end up going down by a point, that'll go down well.

Why they had to mess with the law I don't know. I mean the way it was written was stupid in the first place (how do you judge intent, who seriously goes deliberately punching the ball away anyway unless it's off the line in the last minute) but everyone pretty much knew where they were.

"New from meeting of football's lawmakers IFAB: "Accidental handball that leads to a team-mate scoring a goal or having a goal-scoring opportunity will no longer be considered an offence."

Love how this season rules are just changed.
So does that mean if Liverpool score a against Fulham on Sunday similar to the one they had disallowed yesterday it would count? Or is this from next season?

They attempted to take subjectivity out of it I think, but as you say we didn't have this much discussion about handballs, we all had an idea. Just made more of a mess though, as we all expected. How can you have a different rule for attackers and defenders, literally happened first weekend of last season to us with the Boly 'handball'.

I often think back to the world cup at the moment - VAR generally ran pretty smoothly??!

Yep. A load of penalties early on as defenders are thick and didn't realise that you can't go around being Martin Skrtel any more.

Then they sort of learned.

All worked pretty well.

So does that mean if Liverpool score a against Fulham on Sunday similar to the one they had disallowed yesterday it would count? Or is this from next season?
From the wording, the rule starts now

They attempted to take subjectivity out of it I think, but as you say we didn't have this much discussion about handballs, we all had an idea. Just made more of a mess though, as we all expected. How can you have a different rule for attackers and defenders, literally happened first weekend of last season to us with the Boly 'handball'.

I often think back to the world cup at the moment - VAR generally ran pretty smoothly??!
The World Cup didn't have the handballs or the lines. Take those away then i think most people would be happy

Does the Premier league have to follow this?
If our ref group doesn't follow the directive they get bollocked, so would presume they will follow it.

From the change
If a player accidentally handles the ball then scores themselves - no goal
If a player accidentally handles the ball and it goes to another player who scores - goal

You'd still have some what should be legitimate goals chalked off then like the Rice one at Sheff Utd

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back