• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Football News Thread 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
With no qualifications other than he used to play for them Mark Noble is West Ham's new Sporting Director

He's West Ham through and through, knows the club, knows the players, knows the fans, knows how to get there from his house without using the sat nav.

Top top top top top top top top appointment if you ask me.

He's West Ham through and through, knows the club, knows the players, knows the fans, knows how to get there from his house without using the sat nav.

Top top top top top top top top appointment if you ask me.
Exploding Heads fan I see

UEFA have knocked on the head plans to increase number of teams at the euros from 24 to 32.

Not for football reasons, broadcasters were afraid that no one would watch the qualifiers, if it was nearly impossible for anyone decent not to qualify.

174 dead,
180 injured,
At a football stadium in Indonesia, police tear gassed the crowd after a pitch invasion, deaths and injuries came in the crush to escape the stands.

*stifled squealing*

Well, we are eliminated from playoff contention, but we gave it a right go in the end.

Rios scores 4 goals and gets dropped? What's that all about?

Rios scores 4 goals and gets dropped? What's that all about?
This was finishing a match that got postponed for weather (hence starting with a drop ball rather than kick off).

A ton of crazy rules around the situation meant that, wherever possible, the players had to be the same as they were back on that July day. So no Nuno Santos, no Adilson Malanda in the squad at all (they've been absolutely crucial for us lately). In the same way, Rios was on the bench that night and so had to start on the bench yesterday or it would have counted as a substitute.

Good comeback but ffs Bender and the keeper.
Is that playoffs for promotion to a higher division?....apologies dont know anything about American football, or American football for that matter.

Is that playoffs for promotion to a higher division?....apologies dont know anything about American football, or American football for that matter.
Its the play offs to be the (World) Champions

Sort of what Kenny said. At the end of the season the top half of each Conference table (so 7 from the Western, 7 from the Eastern) get put in a cup style bracket and play that out for the title.

Best team over the course of the regular season gets awarded the Supporters' Shield but MLS Cup is the more significant of the two trophies.

exactly what Kenny said...
Well, MLS is smart enough to not declare our cupholders "world" anything.

Really fucks me off that MLB and NFL do that with the Super Bowl and "World" Series.

I thought the World Series was originally named after the World Bank who sponsored it or is that an urban myth?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back