• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Football News Thread 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
What if Newcastles opponents were longer odds than they should be because their centre forward got an injury in training that nobody knows about?

Given that report I think he's been extremely fortunate with the length of his ban, especially considering a good proportion of it takes effect during the close season. This isn't having a bet of football like the rest of us do, this is more than that. His behaviour when caught out and subsequent ongoing cover up begs the question as to why he wasn't suspended earlier this season and why he was allowed to become an England international in the mean time.

I get that he has a problem/addiction and needs support, but the way in which he is still trying to mislead with hidden phones etc shouldn't cut him the leeway he's been given. This isn't a mistake or misunderstanding of the rules.

Wigan not paid the players on time and EFL have announced they will start next season on -4 points

More points will be deducted if they fail to pay on time in June
They had to pay money into the main bank account this week as part of the deal, they didn't so they're starting on -8.

Allardyce trotting out the "they've got all summer to get fit" line.

Are you prepared to gamble on players' fitness?: "We will be happy to gamble on anyone's fitness, if they want to play and if I think they can make a contribution, then I will consider it. After Sunday they will have a summer to recover.

Valencia's punished for the racist abuse aimed at Vinicius with the stadium being partially closed for 5 games.

They've just won their appeal and had the closure reduced to 3 games from 5 and the fine reduced too.

Tone deaf. Utterly tone deaf. Might be harsh but set a fucking example.

Reactions: jlo
Valencia's punished for the racist abuse aimed at Vinicius with the stadium being partially closed for 5 games.

They've just won their appeal and had the closure reduced to 3 games from 5 and the fine reduced too.

Tone deaf. Utterly tone deaf. Might be harsh but set a fucking example.
Mel our resident Spanish expert may be able to correct me, but there seems to be an overriding view in Spain that it's just overblown banter which reluctantly they know they have to make some sort of gesture over. That's the impression you get from what comes out from the FA, Valencia and Madrid prosecutor anyway

Mel our resident Spanish expert may be able to correct me, but there seems to be an overriding view in Spain that it's just overblown banter which reluctantly they know they have to make some sort of gesture over. That's the impression you get from what comes out from the FA, Valencia and Madrid prosecutor anyway
You don’t need correcting as you’re essentially spot on. I’m so disgusted and fed up with it that (you’ll be pleased to know) I can’t summon up the long post that racism in Spain and Spanish football, and the problematic position of commenting on it when you’re British, merits. There’s still so much that’s really great about Spanish football, and going to it as I have today with my family, but it’s hard to be optimistic about rooting out this disease.

Sergio Rico PSG goalkeeper in intensive care in Spain after being hit by a runaway horse!

Couldn't happen with us, our ground effectively has a value of £0 to outside parties.

That feels like something the FA (or whoever governs such things) should not allow.

Depends. If we hadn't sold Molineux to the council in the 1980s, we'd have ceased to exist.
Surely different to using Molineux as collateral for a separate purchase, though?

Admit I’m far from an expert on:
1) anything related to this
2) the specifics of what exactly saved us in the 80s

Oh yeah, but as I say that wouldn't be an option anyway.

Essentially we were in what is now League Two, two sides of the ground were out of use, we'd had absentee owners for years and we were massively in debt with the noose tightening. The stadium and land were our only assets.

Training on the car park, jumpers for goalposts

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back