• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Football News Thread 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
Burnley v Leicester likely to be called off. Covid/injuries at Burnley's end. The PL have opened a complete can of worms with this injuries malarkey. Plus Burnley sold a player yesterday

I heard too that Arsenal are looking for a cancellation of the NLD this weekend 'due to injuries and supsensions', no mention of Covid - this is becoming farcical

Last edited:
Yep Premier league again looking stupid and weak as piss.
I tend to agree with Hasenhutll idea if your playing a game that was originally scheduled prior to the transfer window any January signing’s are ineligible.
Burnley have to get 21 matches played with barely any room to manoeuvre. The PL will have to try and waiver the UEFA rule of top flight games in a European week rule. The 29/01 break will have to be used to play games also.

I tend to agree with Hasenhutll idea if your playing a game that was originally scheduled prior to the transfer window any January signing’s are ineligible.
I get the principle, but it's daft really. As surely players sold should be dragged back to play for their former team too if we are going doing that road, such as Digne, Wood etc.

Well they'd won a few games so the EFL needed to have another go

Also what do you do about injuries. Let's say our game against Watford is in March should Neto be banned?
If things keep going this way, that’s exactly what we should do.

Our squad is being punished for their sense of social integration and it pisses me off. You can’t sell people on the vaccine and then punish them for getting it FFS.

Am I right in thinking that a points deduction would follow in those circumstances?

Did for Middlesbrough. Effectively relegated them. Burnley are ONE player short of making a squad. That player is in Newcastle. Joke.

Arsenal requested postponement of their Spurs fixture.

Alphonso Davies is out indefinitely after developing myocarditis (inflammation of the heart muscles). Thought to be a latent effect of Davies' bout with COVID.

Huge shame for him.

Yikes. I hope he gets better, such a shame for that to happen to him in his prime.

In a less frustrating story, Salima Mukansanga has been appointed as the first female primary referee in CAF competition history.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back