• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Football News Thread 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anybody know why the weekend of 29th Jan is a free week for the Premier League ?

They cancelled 3rd and 4th round replays.

Steve Gibson is acting like an entitled prick over the Derby situation. For those that don't know he's trying to sue for £50m because they got into the play offs when Boro finished 7th and so denied them PL money. Even though they would still have had to have won them and Villa who went up that year were as bent as Derby. That lawsuit is preventing the club from being sold. Being pissed off is fine, trying to run a club whose ex owner is already going to lose millions into extinction is shitty though

How is that even grounds for a lawsuit. Does it not just get thrown out?

How is that even grounds for a lawsuit. Does it not just get thrown out?
The adminstrators don't want to spend the money it would cost to defend it. They are trying to pay him (and Wycombe) off, but he's not having it. As is often the case with litigation it's about who is prepared to dig deepest irrespective of the strength of the case

I think I read somewhere Boro are struggling a bit financially at the moment

Mental. I know nothing about law, but surely paying them off is going to he more expensive than something that doesn’t even make court as it’s so ridiculous.

That's weekend of 4th
Also just occurred to me, with this being another 4 weeks away we might get a run out of some description from Neto, Jonny and Mosquera! (and maybe an actual new signing…)

Also just occurred to me, with this being another 4 weeks away we might get a run out of some description from Neto, Jonny and Mosquera! (and maybe an actual new signing…)
Thought Neto was still miles away? Hasn't started training with the rest of the team yet has he?

Thought Neto was still miles away? Hasn't started training with the rest of the team yet has he?
Bruno said he’s in training but will need 6 weeks to be match fit. So I’d say he should be good for some form of sub appearance in that one.

You’d imagine Jonny could be in the squad by then. Think they’ll be extra careful with Mosquera though

None of them are in contact training yet so at least 6 weeks before we see any of them..

I'm so stoked for Yerson to get a chance. Which I'm sure just means that he'll end up getting injured again within a half hour of his next appearance.

I don't think any of them play before March.
This is my thought too, maybe Jonny a bit earlier but as Punts said 6 weeks before Neto and that puts us mid February. Tbh I've written off any major involvement from Neto and Mosquera this season......hopefully I'm wrong

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back