• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Football News Thread 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
It’s kind of irrelevant what he’s done before if how it ends is sending a club out of business, ripping charities off and other local businesses when he could have stopped it happening 2 years ago. Or if he didn’t want to stop it, at least be prepared to put in the last bit of money at the end to pay everyone.

I'm not defending him, you asked the question and I'm telling you what went on. He's not the one sending the club out of business as it stands that's Gibson - they won't though, the EFL won't allow it.

FWIW Boro spent considerably more than Derby did, but that was from parachute payments which is allowed, whereas Derby did from Morris' pocket

Gibson is a hypocrite, the year we won the league Boro spent insane amounts on Randolph, Braithwaite, Assombolonga, Fletcher etc he's okay with financial doping in parachute payments but not other clubs resorting to other means to remain competitive.

I think hes deflecting from his own massive failures as a chairman. They've had an embarrassment of riches with that unfair advantage but his poor decisions appointing charlatans the likes of Monk, Woodgate and Pulis have pissed away that advantage at a time when Norwich, Albion and Fulham are on a promotion/relegation loop and many more like Bournemouth, Watford, getting back up within the parachute window.

But yeah, it's definitely Derby's fault that they didn't finish 6th that season.

Where did the Burnley are skint idea come from? I thought their new owners had a few quid.

They don't, it was a leveraged buyout. Basically used the club's own money to facilitate the takeover.
Waasn't that the Glazer's way at MU? Much safer option given their revenue streams and the fact relegation is extremely unlikely.

Waasn't that the Glazer's way at MU? Much safer option given their revenue streams and the fact relegation is extremely unlikely.
Yep. As you say that's viable (if not desirable or ethical) because Man Utd make money. Burnley don't.

Yep. As you say that's viable (if not desirable or ethical) because Man Utd make money. Burnley don't.
Even though it was leveraged you’d assume the buyers at Burnley had some money behind them so surprising they could make such a schoolboy error as let’s face it relegation is nearly always hanging over Burnley.

TIL that the Comoros' team's nickname is the Coelacanthes. That's cool as fuck.

The mason greenwood stuff is abhorrent, his girlfriend has released pictures of the result of him hitting her and audio of him forcing himself upon her.

Disgusting

• Angry
Reactions: jlo
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back