• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Football News Thread 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jesus that is just horrible. It's actually amazing how well she keeps her calm. Coupled with what he did when on England duty, I think it's safe to say that he is an utter scumbag.

He's done, surely.

Not been a good year or so for some notably high profile players. Giggs, the Everton player, Mendy and now Greenwood.

Perhaps it's a generational thing, but I'd rather she'd gone to the police than Instagram and then deleted it. More likely to get a legal rather than public opinion conviction.

He's clearly a scumbag though and I hope she's ok

Last edited:
Perhaps it's a generational thing, but I'd rather she'd gone to the police than Instagram and then deleted it. More likely to get a legal rather than public opinion conviction.

Yeah I agree, not keen on trial by social media

Trouble is though, in a lot of sexual assault and domestic violence cases, it ends up being the woman put on trial and that has resulted in a lot of women not taking things to the police. I actually think her doing this is her taking control of things herself and not having the police/legal system letting him off the hook.

At the same time Ronaldo and others are walking around fine with all their endorsements, captain of of the club, reputation to the wider public intact etc. because they managed to pay people off.

This way it will kill any top level and england career and have his reputation in tatters irrespective on legal proceedings.

And I don’t trust the legal system anyway as Dire says, plus the one with the most money normally wins. So it’s twofold.

Last edited:
Reactions: jlo

A police and justice system which convicts 1.6% of reported rape cases. Women don't exactly have grounds to trust the police. Especially after Sarah Everard when awareness of police responses to sexual/domestic crimes were highlighted as well as the conduct of the animal directly involved and policing culture in general.

We also don't know if she hadn't already been to the police, HMICFRS have reported that GMP haven't recorded, investigated and/or identified 1 in 4 violent crimes relating to DV. Maybe she's had to make some noise to get the police to do their jobs.

She can do what she wants as far as I'm concerned. Fuck him. Keep it private and go to the police and you'd have the world speculating and probably trying to destroy he character ahead of any trial. The way our culture is will find anyway to blame the woman somehow.

Also interested what United knew about the claims and how far back it went.

It wouldn't be the first time Ole Gunnar Solskjaer aided a rapist.

It will have to go through police/Court channels anyway to get him convicted and sentenced. Could the social media coverage adversely affect the outcome. I know the procedures are badly flawed and appear to be weighted against the accuser but I don't see how splashing it all over social media helps getting a conviction.

The conviction rate is a joke. She's not interested in that particularly. She wants to destroy his career, as there is a much higher chance of that happening.

For a start, I have serious doubts as to whether that recording would be admissable in a court. There's no consent to the recording being made.

The conviction rate is a joke. She's not interested in that particularly. She wants to destroy his career, as there is a much higher chance of that happening.

For a start, I have serious doubts as to whether that recording would be admissable in a court. There's no consent to the recording being made.
There is no "consent" on ANY of that recording. I hope his career is ruined

Of course there isn't. But clandestine recordings are often very difficult to get in front of a jury.

Also interested what United knew about the claims and how far back it went.

It wouldn't be the first time Ole Gunnar Solskjaer aided a rapist.
Possibly explains why Southgate dropped him like a hot potato and shows no interest in recalling him.
The indiscretion in Iceland was blamed but Foden was soon brought back into the fold.
Maybe Southgate quickly realised he was bad news.

I nearly made a comment last week about how fine Greenwood is.

A little bit sick to my stomach reading all this now. Just. Shaking a bit, even.

I guess it would be too strong to say I hate him. Never met the bloke. But. He surely doesn't deserve the glamour of Prem football now.

How come police wear wires then? Not being a dick just genuinely curious.

That might assist in making an arrest while been inadmissible in court. The polices job would be then to prove what was said on the wire eg other evidence or a confession.

They're different spokes on a big old wheel if you like

It was her friends Instagram that posted it I think. She'd shared it with her friend previously.

And the audio clip is only a short 1 min out of a 15 min recording. I haven't listened to it as it will just sicken me and make me angry.

I agree with her tactics, it's better to convince everyone first and not get slut shamed and not believed by any one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back