• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Football News Thread 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
If he doesn't end up getting convicted there'll be no shortage of clubs willing to let him continue his football career.

It won't though, no conviction and he rebuilds it, if not at Utd then elsewhere. We can all give numerous examples of where football teams look beyond morality

Is it purely down to her to press charges now? Is it possible she won't and that's the end of that, with some kind of public statement? His football career and reputation thereafter is going to be horrific, rightly so.

He'll still have a career. He'll say the right things, donate to charity, the club will put him on some course and there'll be some counselling and blahhhh but he's too good at football to be left to rot. Which is fucking sick.
Everybody should be allowed a chance of redemption.

At the moment he's a fucking cunt so he's got an awful lot to do.

I wonder what kind of responsibility the club have in this. There's certainly a toxic element to young footballers and it seems endemic to these young lads. I can't see it being just money based.

Is it purely down to her to press charges now? Is it possible she won't and that's the end of that, with some kind of public statement? His football career and reputation thereafter is going to be horrific, rightly so.
They can prosecute domestic abuse without the victim, not sure about rape.

I wonder what kind of responsibility the club have in this. There's certainly a toxic element to young footballers and it seems endemic to these young lads. I can't see it being just money based.
That Lingard video from a few years ago was indicative of a pretty toxic culture imo

Having been on the receiving end, I can say that during my recovery process I did a lot of reading.

Power is always the key. Power and control. Money can be a means to that so you get a lot of overlap.

But these people need control. To a destructive degree. A violent one.

I'm tired of seeing other people go through this shit.

Yeah I do see that, and I do in general agree with the concept of redemption and rehabilitation. I just don't like the thought that he'll continue to be paid obscenely and no doubt adored by united fans once he starts scoring again. I know it's maybe unreasonable of me, but it is what it is.

I think the toxicity in some young footballers is down to a combination of things really. The particularly talented ones are made to feel ultra special from a very young age, they're millionaires before 20 and have staff catering to their every whim. It's little wonder that some can't understand what 'no' means.

Having been on the receiving end, I can say that during my recovery process I did a lot of reading.

Power is always the key. Power and control. Money can be a means to that so you get a lot of overlap.

But these people need control. To a destructive degree. A violent one.

I'm tired of seeing other people go through this shit.
Respect Alan...

Greenwood arrested on allegations of rape and sexual assault and won’t train again with Man U until cleared

Also interested what United knew about the claims and how far back it went.

It wouldn't be the first time Ole Gunnar Solskjaer aided a rapist.
Got told something at work today, which is easy to Google about what Utd knew and covered up dating back to November 2020

Got told something at work today, which is easy to Google about what Utd knew and covered up dating back to November 2020
Why not link to it then?

I'd heard he'd been in trouble for some kind of domestic abuse before and that the club knew about it. Allegedly of course.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back