• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Football News Thread 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
Morris has told Gibson to sue him personally, keep the football club out of it and he'll see him in court. Not sure if that's admirable or just bluster knowing it can't happen

It doesn’t at all. If there is a debt it is owed by Derby County not Mel Morris, and owed to Middlesbrough not Steve Gibson.

Its done for 2 reasons, firstly because Morris is for obvious reasons despised locally and he's attempting, you could argue cynically, to appear to do something positive. More importantly if Gibson doesn't back down, then Derby will go into liquidation at the end of the month.

Boro and Wycombe have now said they'll settle for a combined £7m, but there isn't a buyer who wants to pay that on top of underwriting the enormous football and revenue debts. PP is owned by a Morris company secured against a £20m loan, what he could do is reduce the price of the ground by £7m and essentially indirectly pay them off himself, but because he and Gibson is personal and the claim in itself is bollocks he doesn't want to do that. My guess is that is what will happen before they go under though.

Boro and Derby have one of those rivalries that other fans don't know about a bit like Wolves and Bolton

Could MM underwrite any fines / losses derby incur as a result of the claims by Boro / Wycombe?

Like some kind of insurance policy for Derby against the claim event secured against MM estate?

Marc Overmars leaves his job as Ajax Sporting Director

Overmars made this decision after discussions in recent days - a series of inappropriate messages sent to several female colleagues over an extended period of time underlies his decision to leave the club”. #Overmars https://t.co/P3x4pisd1x

Just. Ugh. The things people feel like they can get away with.

He can rot.

Arsehole. If he genuinely regretted it he would have deleted the video.

I like the idea of a new book: A Hunded and One Uses for a Dead Zouma. I’ll start, cat food!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back